Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ready for an upgrade
RE: Ready for an upgrade
Partsman, the clinical menu is accessed by turning the control knob to SETUP, then pressing Ramp and the Control knob simultaneously. When you hear 2-beeps you're in. In the Setup menu in clinical mode, you can set pressures and settings. Be sure to also go to the INFO menu while in clinical mode to reset patient data and hours. You cannot reset the total machine hours, but if you don't reset the patient data it will write to a SD card, even if you reformat the SD card (FAT32).

Here is the clinical menu tutorial http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions
Order the clinical manual here. http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you all recommend SleepyHead or EncorePro (or both?)
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm another western Oregon (east of Salem) hose head and I love the humidifier. Was worried when I started that i would be able to keep my stuffed up nose clear, but have had no problems. I haven't gone without it since I got my machine in September 2015.
Post Reply Post Reply
For your use, Sleepyhead is best. It is very visual and does a good job of letting you correlate events to pressure, flow, respiratoroy rate, leaks, snores, etc.

Encore is the best choice if you are providing data to a physician or DME, only because they are usually more familiar with the product. Seriously, this is analogous to asking a law office whether they like the Blackberry (Encore) or Apple (Sleepyhead) 8 years ago. Encore is produced by the CPAP manufacture. They have dumbed it down even more with DreamMapper, which is exactly the opposite direction users were hoping for.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a tip to see if your pressure requirements are still the same.
Your machine has auto trial mode.
Turn it on. Set it to run for 10 days in auto trial with a min pressure of about 9 and 20 max.
The machine will run in auto mode as usual but will also titrate you to your 90% pressure is now.
At the end of 10 days it will switch to cpap ck mode. Which will be running as a single pressure cpap. You can either let that run for 2 weeks and it will fine tune your single cpap pressure .
Or you can simply switch back to auto mode set min about 2 cm below and 4 or 5 above the 90% percent pressure the machine calculated and you should be pretty well optimized pressure wise.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2016, 02:22 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: Here is a tip to see if your pressure requirements are still the same.
Your machine has auto trial mode.
Turn it on. Set it to run for 10 days in auto trial with a min pressure of about 9 and 20 max.
The machine will run in auto mode as usual but will also titrate you to your 90% pressure is now.
At the end of 10 days it will switch to cpap ck mode. Which will be running as a single pressure cpap. You can either let that run for 2 weeks and it will fine tune your single cpap pressure .
Or you can simply switch back to auto mode set min about 2 cm below and 4 or 5 above the 90% percent pressure the machine calculated and you should be pretty well optimized pressure wise.

Nice! Let the machine do the heavy lifting! Thanks

(02-29-2016, 10:20 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: For your use, Sleepyhead is best. It is very visual and does a good job of letting you correlate events to pressure, flow, respiratoroy rate, leaks, snores, etc.

Encore is the best choice if you are providing data to a physician or DME, only because they are usually more familiar with the product. Seriously, this is analogous to asking a law office whether they like the Blackberry (Encore) or Apple (Sleepyhead) 8 years ago. Encore is produced by the CPAP manufacture. They have dumbed it down even more with DreamMapper, which is exactly the opposite direction users were hoping for.

Thanks for the comparison - Sleepyhead it is!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 13 214 5 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 107 7,918 01-24-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New CPAP user here. Ready to learn. Please advise how I can improve! Sleepyman12 4 482 12-13-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Does ResMed plan to upgrade to 5G ? 3disorders 1 458 11-16-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  How hard is it to upgrade with Medicare ? Nightynite 2 539 11-02-2023, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Ready to give it another try! Welcoming any suggestions egoodman 6 756 07-03-2023, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset firmware upgrade? Tomislav 6 2,720 01-05-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Tomislav

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.