Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Turning Off Wireless on Resmed S10
(02-02-2016, 11:59 AM)cate1898 Wrote: Also, you might miss out on a software update by turning it off.

This is the only reason I don't turn it off. The A10 has had issues in the past which have been corrected by software updates through the modem. So, this is not just theoretical.
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2016, 09:57 PM)PoolQ Wrote: It is not internet, it uses the cell phone data network. As far as I know only the manufacturer can connect with it. Doctors and insurance has to go through the manufacturer for everything. If you don't need compliance just put it in airplane mode and you are off the grid.

When it comes out of Airplane mode, it will report all accumulated data to resmed. So it is not turned off permanently, and the S10 defaults to NOT being in airplane mode, so you have to treat it carefully.
Post Reply Post Reply
I put mine in airplane mode after the Medicare trial period was up and the purchase was approved. The data from the machine is between me and my doctor and no one else.
Post Reply Post Reply

The wireless modem on my wife's S9 used the AT&T cell network to connect to the internet. The compliance data was uploaded to a web site that the DME accessed. They supplied that data to Medicare to prove that the machine was being used.
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine had to communicate with the DME so that compliance (sufficient usage) could be verified, to qualify for Medicare coverage. After the 13 month lease was up, the machine became mine, fully owned, and Medicare coverage of the lease payments was no longer an issue.

If the cellphone connection were not maintained, I would have had to drive to the DME's office to have the SD card downloaded.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit headgear loose due to tossing and turning hmucha 3 206 03-07-2017, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Beej
  [CPAP] Tossing & Turning funyscribe 5 258 03-01-2017, 11:00 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Idea CPAP Wireless SD Card for The Rest of Us Papit 19 2,726 02-02-2017, 05:47 PM
Last Post: tedgreen
  [CPAP] Machine turning self off and back on rstroudmsdwc 36 16,228 12-05-2016, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Angry Resmed Airsense/Telstra 2G wireless kerput JamesW 2 346 11-24-2016, 11:08 PM
Last Post: JamesW
  [CPAP] wireless viewing from cpap to computer sherryl10 10 986 08-24-2016, 12:20 AM
Last Post: wubisnotanabbreviation
  Hopefully Turning a Corner in My Treatment stanleydean 11 971 06-20-2016, 12:47 AM
Last Post: vsheline