Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Turning Off Wireless on Resmed S10
RE: Turning Off Wireless on Resmed S10
(02-02-2016, 11:59 AM)cate1898 Wrote: Also, you might miss out on a software update by turning it off.

This is the only reason I don't turn it off. The A10 has had issues in the past which have been corrected by software updates through the modem. So, this is not just theoretical.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2016, 09:57 PM)PoolQ Wrote: It is not internet, it uses the cell phone data network. As far as I know only the manufacturer can connect with it. Doctors and insurance has to go through the manufacturer for everything. If you don't need compliance just put it in airplane mode and you are off the grid.

When it comes out of Airplane mode, it will report all accumulated data to resmed. So it is not turned off permanently, and the S10 defaults to NOT being in airplane mode, so you have to treat it carefully.
Post Reply Post Reply
I put mine in airplane mode after the Medicare trial period was up and the purchase was approved. The data from the machine is between me and my doctor and no one else.
Post Reply Post Reply
The wireless modem on my wife's S9 used the AT&T cell network to connect to the internet. The compliance data was uploaded to a web site that the DME accessed. They supplied that data to Medicare to prove that the machine was being used.
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine had to communicate with the DME so that compliance (sufficient usage) could be verified, to qualify for Medicare coverage. After the 13 month lease was up, the machine became mine, fully owned, and Medicare coverage of the lease payments was no longer an issue.

If the cellphone connection were not maintained, I would have had to drive to the DME's office to have the SD card downloaded.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar wireless to my pc? Or iPhone app? Dolla Bill 3 640 08-26-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] Wireless transfer not enabled (grey), Resmed 10 autoset Galletto1959 2 538 06-10-2023, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Help fine turning APAP settings for better night sleep livsmonster 4 773 04-26-2023, 12:47 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,416 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  Question about wireless modem in Aircurve 10 redlegs 14 3,213 08-25-2022, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
Question [CPAP] Airsense 10 without wireless vs Airsense 11 sleepysurgeon 12 3,388 07-14-2022, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Horseshoez
  AirSense 11 Turning Off Humidifier? CChamp 3 5,543 06-09-2022, 11:30 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.