Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Two Days in, and I'm Already Frustrated with myAir
Angry 
Two Days in, and I'm Already Frustrated with myAir
I'm on my second night of CPAP w/ an AirSense 11, and myAir already got me frustrated, and I just need to vent.

Right from the start, I noticed some things that were not particularly user-friendly. The myAir app displays a permanent (i.e. non-dismissible) notification when I'm home and my phone is connected to the CPAP via Bluetooth. I went in to the notification settings and disabled it, but for a lot of users who might not have the technical knowledge to do that, it could get very frustrating.

Even worse, my first night, I was robbed of a perfect 100 score because it dinged me for an extra "mask on/off" that it recorded during the setup "test drive."  Shock   I kid, but it was curious that they didn't discard the usage data from the test drive.

These are minor complaints, though, and just the software developer in me getting irked at poor design decisions.

After my second night, however, myAir has become extremely frustrating. I woke up after about 5 hours and got up to go to the bathroom. Curious to see how I'd done so far, I opened myAir; it synced the data immediately and showed my the numbers. I went back to bed and slept for another 3.5 hours, but after getting up for the morning, myAir has refused to update the report for the night. Even though it says "syncing", and the machine display shows 8.5 hours for the night, myAir will only show the data for the first 5 hours. If the data is on the machine; it should sync it.  Perturbed

It seems like myAir assumes that viewing the app is an indication that you're up for the day. For now, I'll just not sync the app until I get up in the morning, but it still seems like some poorly thought out design.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Two Days in, and I'm Already Frustrated with myAir
Most of us here have found out that MyAir is pretty useless.  It's ok if you just want a quick check on your numbers.  And yeah, MyAir dings you for goofy things.

Your AirSense 11 is supported by our OSCAR program.  Download it... you will be surprised at the amount of data it will show.  

Of course you'll need a PC or laptop. Also, be sure there is a SD card in your machine.

Check out the links in my signature line to help get you started.

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What can I say? Welcome to gamification? MyAir is supposed to encourage you, not frustrate you..

I would encourage you to download OSCAR - link at the top menu - which will give you the information you want - although you will have to learn how to interpret it. We have people here who will help you with that. And Wiki articles, too.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The bleach blonde cheerleader that is MyAir really can wow you with the least amount of info and ding you for things that are just a bit crazy. Rah rah blah.

Try OSCAR, it has real, meaningful data, far more than your doctor could want or probably has time to glance at without taking time from the money counting room. And it's actually useful for you in tuning your PAP therapy to yourself. Because there again most docs won't really have time or the expertise for this.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Löwenstein-Prisma sd card increase days k.mooijman 2 121 04-20-2024, 01:59 AM
Last Post: k.mooijman
  MyAir App / OSCAR - looking for thoughts - Help! DaveHirschler 5 100 04-17-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: DaveHirschler
  Myair data accurate? dbinTO 2 246 03-11-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 206 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Löwenstein Prisma Soft - missing days bstabens 6 791 11-26-2023, 01:12 PM
Last Post: bstabens
Question How export all days for oximeter (O2 Ring) data only (no CPAP) ? DavidEsp 10 2,571 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR: Print multiple days edgreenberg 0 577 08-11-2023, 09:46 AM
Last Post: edgreenberg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.