Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Two Family Members, one Oscar?
Two Family Members, one Oscar?
The title says most of it.  I've been using Sleepyhead and now Oscar for a long time.  In the last month my wife has a newly diagnosed OSA as well, and I'd like to help her monitor her data.  I have th requisite FlashAir cards, etc.

How do I set up Oscar for two people, two machines, and two data directories?  Or, do I need two computers to keep it all straight?

thanks,
Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Two Family Members, one Oscar?
All you need are His and Hers profiles. Most of the OSCAR team has many, many profiles so we can test many machines.
So just create a new profile. OSCAR imports into the current profile so know which one you are in prior to import.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, two computers would require four hands. . . Big Grin  

Go to the Profile tab and look on the right side for, New Profile.  Set her up with a profile there.  You may wish to go to the File > Preferences > Import tab > Memory and Startup Options - deselect the 3rd option in the left column, Automatically load last used profile on start-up.   Each time one of you use OSCAR, you will have to select the profile that you wish to use.   This will help to reduce an import error to the wrong profile.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK that part I understand, I think. However, I have Flashair cards in both machines, and use FlashPap to import off of them. Won't I end up mixing data?

thanks again,
Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Each FlashPAP account has a destination directory for each FlashAir account.  I don't see how you can mess that up.  Name one directory, "His", and the Other one, "Hers".

You will have 2 profiles in FlashPAP. Each having a ".fpap" file containing something like:

parkerdt.fap:
Code:
FlashAirAppMode=5
FlashAirHost=192.168.1.xx
SleepDataApp=
Destination=C\:\\His
CPAPModel=100
UserName=parkerdt

parkerdt_BetterHalf.fpap:
Code:
FlashAirAppMode=5
FlashAirHost=192.168.1.yy
SleepDataApp=
Destination=C\:\\Hers
CPAPModel=100
UserName=parkerdt_BetterHalf

You could always create a batch file (.bat) for a Windows O/S that had something like the following in it:
Code:
@echo off
C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath\java.exe -jar C:\FlashPAP\FlashPAP.jar user= parkerdt
exit=yes
C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath\java.exe -jar C:\FlashPAP\FlashPAP.jar user= parkerdt_BetterHalf exit=yes

Just some ideas... Thinking-about
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Super! I hadn't paid enough attention to FlashPap capabilities, obviously. Appreciate the help.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
This has worked GREAT for us! Thank you to the members here for always being helpful and sharing the solutions! Have everything working as needed to get all our data.

Now, if my Better Half could just get used to her machine, we'd be in business. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bad Link in Software for Members Only sleepatlast 3 1,379 03-27-2018, 05:11 AM
Last Post: sleepatlast

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.