Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Two Hours Sleep, Then Up Until 8am
I go to sleep at 11:30pm, then I wake up at 1:30am. Then I am up
until 7am-10am. Then I sleep most of the day away...

What a waste.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do that sometimes. More than I care to think about.

Don't think it's PAP related. Ambien CR helped for a while, once i finally got my doctor convinced mine was a problem staying asleep, not going to sleep, but I just don't like being tied into that stuff in order to get any sleep. And after a month or two, it lost effectiveness and coming off of it is a bitch - no sleep at all for two-three days.

Oddly, the minute before the alarm goes off, I am wide awake without the ability to go back to sleep. The second the alarm goes off, I seem to want to slip into a sleep coma. That I have trouble understanding.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
It's like I went for years with apnea sleep, so now went I get 2 or 3 hours sleep and wake up I am rested...
Post Reply Post Reply

My Mom has this problem. She's trying some meditation techniques - they seem to be helping. She's now getting about 6 hours of sleep instead of only about 3-4.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have some reports and other documentation that you could read. I guarantee you will fall asleep very quickly. Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2015, 09:53 AM)trailrider Wrote: I have some reports and other documentation that you could read. I guarantee you will fall asleep very quickly. Wink

Then I wake up in 2 hours and I am good to go for 15 hours. Last night I slept from 12am to 2:30am. I woke up, and did not go back to sleep until 5pm. I slept for about 2 hours. Now it is 12:30 am, and I am wide awake.
If I fall asleep now, I will wake up at 3am or earlier, and be up all night again... Ugh...
Post Reply Post Reply

it is cool that you do feel refreshed even sleeping that short amount of time. Try to get 3 sessions in per night (a long night, I admit).
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Using VPAP During Waking Hours for Easier Breathing? gamegrrl 5 178 06-06-2017, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dmeRT
  [CPAP] Reset usage hours Kathy Oreardon 14 445 05-18-2017, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Kathy Oreardon
  Still sleepy after 9 months. Could only sleep for 6 hours. susilosaja 16 759 03-30-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: sleepy1235
  Daytime sleepiness despite low AHI, low leak, 7+ hours of daily use vas2000 12 771 03-21-2017, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Marillion
Smile 6 Hours On, 2 Hours Off harmon k 9 433 03-15-2017, 06:39 PM
Last Post: tedgreen
  How do I prevent rainout for 48 hours after washing Cpap tube Ihaveapnea 36 1,452 03-13-2017, 04:58 PM
Last Post: dosco
  How many hours of life in a machine? bexiesbruv 7 528 02-24-2017, 10:06 PM
Last Post: E.W.