Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Question about mild sleep apnea
Question about mild sleep apnea
    Hello,

According to my Pulse Oximeter, I have mild sleep apnea. I have less than 5 events a night and each event is triggered at 90% Sp02. I have never been below 89%.

However, during these events, my pulse goes up to 120. When this happens, I awaken with what seems like a high adrelenline rush and I have a hard time going back to sleep.

I know this does not compare to folks that have severe apnea, but it is affecting my sleep, and I find myself getting sleepy on the drive home from work.

We have a very high deductable and I am not sure if I want to do a sleep study unless absolutely necessary.

See attached chart..
Any comments would be appreciated.
Thank You.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question about mild sleep apnea
Hi divedude and welcome

Sleep apnea diagnoses cannot be done by oximeter alone, require a sleep study in a sleep lab
Home sleep studies are cheaper and gained popularity

There are breathing irregularities does not meet the definition of apnea/hypopnea or cause as much oxygen desaturation
But can affect the quality of sleep and feeling sleepy during the day especially behind the wheels

Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi divedude!

Welcome

A SpO2 device alone can not diagnose sleep apnea. Look into the in home sleep study pricing to see if is more affordable. Also, try doing a web search for "sleep apnea test". There are several websites that provide a questionnaire to aid in determining your probability of having apnea.

I hope this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi divedude,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2015, 08:37 PM)divedude Wrote: According to my Pulse Oximeter, I have mild sleep apnea.

Hi divedude, IMHO there isn't such a thing as mild sleep apnoea. What matters to all of us is how we feel next day. That is the litmus test. If you have morning headache and a feeling of "not well" & you feel tired & sleepy, then sleep apnoea is a distinctly possible diagnosis. You need a sleep study as others suggest & I'd get on with it if I were you. Best of luck.
[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 242 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 352 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 292 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 127 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 564 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.