Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Two Months a Hose Head
Two Months a Hose Head
So I'm just over 2 months in and I'm doing great! During my first sleep study I was at over 100 AHI!! During my first 30 days I averaged 2.4 so that's fantastic. I switched from the Eson to the RedMed P10 mask and LOVE IT! My lowest AHI was 0.4 and my highest was 10.5 when I had a cold.

I've flown with the CPAP and didn't have any problems. I'll be camping in West Texas in a couple months so I'll get to try running off of battery.

As most of you know successful CPAP treatment is literally a lifesaver. I'm so mad I didn't do it sooner!

73's
Josh
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Two Months a Hose Head
Dang good to hear your success! Hope you caught it before the side effects kicked it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi GingerMan512,
It's good to hear that you are having great success with your CPAP therapy.
Keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Fantastic! I think you expressed the sentiment of most of us who are reformed pappers now. The new technology in masks and machines has certainly made the treatment more palatable than from years ago.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I love to read success stories like yours!
Post Reply Post Reply
way 2 go Gingerman!

Banana Banana Banana
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Yall!

I had the full gamet of side effects. Daytime sleepiness, extreme urination, weight gain, acid reflux. Since my first night every side effect has cleared and I'm losing weight. My doctor thinks that once I loose a good chunk of weight I will be cured of my OSA. Gotta keep at it!

-Josh
Post Reply Post Reply
100, when you have it to that degree, it's not too hard to "get used to it", compared to being strangled all night long a little air whistling around or a few marks on your face in the morning isn't too bad of a trade off. Your story sounds almost the same as what I experienced. I too felt like a dummy for not agreeing to go and see the Doc sooner as my wife pretty much educated/took me to school on on what she was experiencing trying to sleep next to me. My initial sleep study I scored a 146, Doc said I shouldn't drive home, I did but was looking forward to getting things shaped up. That was almost a decade ago, not so sure I'd be above ground if I hadn't gotten the help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 284 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,644 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 484 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 290 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 671 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Has anyone ever received a refund on cpap after 3 months. Mwilson123 0 200 02-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mwilson123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.