Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 11 makes "puffing" sounds after power off
AirSense 11 makes "puffing" sounds after power off
I have a new AirSense 11 machine with humidifier and heated tube. When I turn it off in the morning it makes 3-4 "puffing" sounds about 30 minutes after being turned off. I know that it needs to "cool down" and it quietly blows air after it turned off (same as AirSsense 10 did). However, AirSense 10 just stops blowing when it is done where as AirSense 11 makes these 3-4 loud "puffing" sounds at the end of cooling cycle. Is this normal? Any way to stop these noises? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 11 makes "puffing" sounds after power off
Same with me. Probably going to record the noise with my phone and have my medical supplier listen to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is normal it is a cycle it runs after it is done called "Device Diagnostic" which is defualtly set to daily anc can be changed to weekly, once every 2 weeks or off, but I would just leave it on daily. The de3scription of the funtion in the manual is "When enabled, Device Diagnostics will analyse the functionality of the
device. See ResMed.com for further details. Device Diagnostic can be set to run Daily, Weekly, every 2 weeks, Monthly or it can be switched off. "

It is totally normal and nothing to worry about.

EDIT: Just in case you are curious what resmeds site says about what it is doing here is the quote from their page "How will Device Diagnostic work?

Device Diagnostic will run after therapy has stopped, assessing information on the internal sound of the machine using an acoustic sensor. This sensor does not capture any sounds from outside the device. The device will not store any sounds it captures. The sounds captured by the acoustic sensor are converted into a digital signature that captures the device characteristics. This information is used for diagnostic purposes and troubleshooting devices."

By the sounds of it it sounds like it is just checking to make sure the fans are not sticking and are rotating properly by running it for a few seconds to make sure it sounds right.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much, this sounds like the solution I was looking for. My DME has no clue.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 620 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Chipmunk cheeks/mouth puffing her.suit 2 454 01-29-2024, 08:56 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 229 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,184 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,421 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Full face mask makes mouth breathing possible? BonkerHonker 1 540 11-22-2023, 07:11 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.