Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Two Weeks - Data Checkup
Two Weeks - Data Checkup
Wow, hard to believe it's been two weeks. I think everything is going great. Here's my latest sleepyhead. 

Just wanted to get a couple eyeballs on it to make sure all my settings are good to go.

I am having some mouth leaks. They seem to be getting smaller each night and staying below 10% so based on the various  wikis that seems like something that's not a big issue. 

Thanks

For taking a look.

[Image: rh3gufT.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Two Weeks - Data Checkup
Yep. Just the leaks.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm hoping to get those to zero. Smile I've got a variety of gizmos here.

Trying to avoid the chin strap, collar, ace bandage, etc as they aggravated me to no ends.

Might grab me either an Amara or airtouch ffm as a backup.

I have a simplus but no matter what I do it leaks like screen door.
Post Reply Post Reply
The leaks look like mouth breathing.

For ResMed users, anything over 24L is considered too high. Your machine may not be able to keep the proper air flow to treat your Apnea events, thus leaving your AHI reading suspect.

Your leak rate is at 30. Not bad, but should be worked on. I assume when you say your leak rate is below 10, you are looking at the large leak %. Yes, that figure should be 0.

If you can’t make the following work (chin strap, soft collar, tongue seal technique), try a full face mask.

Otherwise, you seem to be doing great.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Myair is giving me smiley faces on my reports with respect to mask fit. 

Not sure how sleepyhead does it. 

I think resmed might be more generous than sleppyhead. 

I was referring to large leak percent which should lowest percent possibly but the wiki suggests less than 10%. 

Going to fine tune this some more.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed used to allow 30% over the red line before giving you a frowny face on the S9 - I assume thats still the case. Personally I think they set that bar way too low.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 12 536 04-16-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Rising AHI the last couple of weeks Brimstone 7 216 04-12-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Brimstone
Question In the past 2-3 weeks, my AHI during afternoon nap rose to 20-40 tmrlhk 5 160 04-01-2024, 06:13 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 206 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks NeedSleepPlease 46 1,688 03-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: NeedSleepPlease
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 795 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 356 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.