Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Two Zeros in a row!
RE: Two Zeros in a row!
(10-31-2015, 02:32 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 12:19 PM)sonicboom Wrote: While I too can attain the occasional zero I agree with the sentiment about sleep quality being more important. I am now sleeping through the night on most nights rather than getting fractured and interrupted sleep. For me, this means feeling great during the day. So, since I've been told that AHI less than 5 is great I strive for length of uninterrupted sleep as the hallmark of my therapy. I will take the zeros as they come but most of the time I'm less than 1 and as someone else said less than one is mainly noise. Congrats to all members of the zero club. Happy pappin!

I agree. My current obstacle is getting up each night to pee three times or more. Started on a new drug for this and we'll see if it works.
Let us know how the drug and all works. I am sure many of us would like to know.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2015, 12:19 PM)sonicboom Wrote: While I too can attain the occasional zero I agree with the sentiment about sleep quality being more important. I am now sleeping through the night on most nights rather than getting fractured and interrupted sleep. For me, this means feeling great during the day. So, since I've been told that AHI less than 5 is great I strive for length of uninterrupted sleep as the hallmark of my therapy. I will take the zeros as they come but most of the time I'm less than 1 and as someone else said less than one is mainly noise. Congrats to all members of the zero club. Happy pappin!

I agree. My current obstacle is getting up each night to pee three times or more. Started on a new drug for this and we'll see if it works.

Indeed, keep us posted. Have you tried any natural remedies? Are you making sure that you don't eat or drink after 7PM if you go to bed around 11? No caffeine after noon?
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2015, 12:11 PM)DWaldman Wrote: 3 Zeros in a row here... Tues, Wed, Thurs. The thing is, I was up to go to the BR about 4 times each night, so I don't think I got into really deep sleep. Last night I was at .02, but was up only twice. I also feel better this morning than I did during the week. For me, I think low numbers + quality of sleep is more important than reaching a zero on the stats. YMMV...

Hi DWaldman,
I see you have a Resmed S9 Autoset. This particular model seems to occasionally get "stuck" on 0.00. Whenever I score a zero, I make sure to pull the power plug and do a cold restart the next night. That should make sure that your zeros are real, not a machine malfunction.

Good luck and well done. Well-done
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply

Hey, eseedhouse.
What about the new drugs? It worked?

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2015, 10:00 AM)armando.ntg Wrote: Hey, eseedhouse.
What about the new drugs? It worked?

Hard to tell yet. The medication is "Myrbetric", generic name "mirabegron". Started on 25mg for three weeks and upped to 50 mg a couple of weeks ago. Last few nights have been fairly good - two nights of only one "get up to go" and then last night three. Got four or more hours first sleep period those nights.

This is a new drug and I'm using samples. I hear it's damned expensive and I wonder if my drug plan will cover it.

Blue Cross here in British Columbia has been pretty good to me, actually. They cover everything that the B.C. pharmacare program doesn't after a $100 deductible. The pharmacare doesn't lick in until I go over $1500.00.

One benefit of working in a Union shop for 30 years is a decent health care supplemental plan (which did have to be fought for, of course).

Tamsulosin was the first drug I tried. Seemed to help a bit but some minor but un-liked side effects. Then Desmopressin which doesn't seem to help at all.

Of course I take diuretics which probably make the problem a bit worse.

The mirabegron works by relaxing the wall muscles of the bladder so they can hold more urine before you feel the "urge". It is supposed to take several weeks to really get going.

I have very low AHI's and frequent zeros, and my main obstacle now is getting enough sequential sleep hours in. If I get at least four hours in a row and over seven total I notice that I seem to feel better the next day. I long for the day that I will sleep 7 hours straight. That would be heavenly.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
I found generic Saw Palmetto worked as well as any Rx drug with no nasty side effects like retrograde ejaculation.
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Five Zeros eseedhouse 22 5,109 03-08-2016, 01:22 PM
Last Post: sonicboom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.