Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Two days use-Wake up gasping for air
RE: Two days use-Wake up gasping for air
(06-13-2018, 02:14 PM)jteetie Wrote: I'm set to auto increase from 4 to 20.  the apneas are happening at all those pressures, but the times I've woken up and taken it off due to panic it was at 20, not 4.  I still might need to up it, but even at 20, I'm still having just as many apneas as without it.  Is that a sign I need to increase pressure?

We need to see the data that only #SleepyHead can show.  Pressure can rise due to other reasons, like snores and flow limitations.  
I'm a little confused.  I don't see how the pressure can rise to 20.  Your profile shows a setting of 4min and 10 max.  You said you were gasping for air, that's why I recommended raising the 4 to 6cm for now.  It will make a difference.

There's a lot we can do to help, but DreamMapper doesn't show much.  The link to download #SleepyHead is also at the top of the page.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So, I've downloaded SleepyHead and it's great. But now, how do I download my data from SleepyHead so you all can see it. I got it off the CPAP card, but can't figure out how to save it to a pdf or whatever so I can paste it or attach it here.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a link in my signature to help you attach your charts. You will be using the screenshot feature to take a snapshot of what you see on your screen. There is also link to organize your charts (read this first) to include the most valuable information so that you can get the best possible advice.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-13-2018, 06:37 PM)jteetie Wrote: So, I've downloaded SleepyHead and it's great.  But now, how do I download my data from SleepyHead so you all can see it.  I got it off the CPAP card, but can't figure out how to save it to a pdf or whatever so I can paste it or attach it here.

(06-13-2018, 06:41 PM)JesseLee Wrote: I have a link in my signature to help you attach your charts. You will be using the screenshot feature to take a snapshot of what you see on your screen. There is also link to organize your charts (read this first) to include the most valuable information so that you can get the best possible advice.

Just to emphasize, jteetie, read the tips in the article in JesseLee's signature.  It's a little extra bother that is well worth the effort; the tips will help you organize your screen shots to include the most important information, and the most of it.  The default setup of SleepyHead doesn't present the data the way the gurus in this forum need it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok.  So here is my data from my second night.  I know it's only 2 hours, but after waking in a panic 3 times in the last hour, i'm done and need to sleep and stay awake.  The first night I could only take it for about an hour, so 2 hours is an improvement.  I'm shooting for 3 hours tonight, but i'm hopeing I can get some advice here.  So, let me have it.  What can I try to get a better result?
Post Reply Post Reply
jteetie,
Well, that graph explains why you are tired all the time.  You have complex sleep apnea, and it’s not likely your current machine is going to resolve this.  

I didn’t see it mentioned, but did you actually have an overnight sleep test and a titration study?  What did it show?  If you have a copy of this, please upload it here.  Did the Clear Airways show up on a sleep test?

I think you may want to try narrowing the pressure range, or even try putting the machine to Cpap mode at a straight pressure, around 8 or 9. What Flex setting are you using? Keep it at 1 or off.

Curious to see what others might suggest.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, That changes things. I agree with a fix rate of 8cm and I'd be either getting in touch with your sleep Doctor or looking into an ASV if your buying on your own.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
You are not properly treated with CPAP. Many doctors do not understand complex apnea, which is a combination of central and obstructive apnea when CPAP pressure is used. Ask for a titration for ASV. If your doctor disrespects you, go to a different doctor. You have the most severe complex apnea I have ever seen on this forum. Meanwhile, CPAP therapy is probably worse for you than nothing at all. You have my blessing to quit, provided you are looking for a proper effective solution.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great job, jteetie!  Although I'm not skilled at reading charts, I do know what the gurus need to see.  And a tip: you can squeeze each graph a bit to display more graphs in the screen.  Just hover your mouse cursor over the line dividing two graphs and it'll change to a grab-bar; drag it up or down to change the size.

I don't want to sound like an alarmist, and I'm in no way an expert, yet I know that an AHI as high as yours is extremely dangerous.  

jteetie, how did you arrive at this juncture?  Have you had a sleep study?  Were you prescribed the machine?  I think the answer to both is "No" because it's inconceivable that you would be trying to treat your apnea with the settings you had.  I agree with Walla Walla: you should be on an ASV machine, but you need to see an appropriate doctor or therapist to establish initial settings.

Oops! I see that more experts have arrived.  See you soon (I hope).

And please do explain about your sleep study and how you came to have this machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
hoooee. the responses to your chart must be discouraging to read, jteetie. but you must know what that high ahi number means. more importantly, you know how crummy you still feel. otoh, it's feels better to know, you know? now you know what you need to do. your current therapy isn't working by a long shot and there are other machines that can help you. after you deal with the red tape or otherwise obtain a more effective machine, these valiant apnea board members will help you fine tune it until you feel much better. good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 522 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Still wake up using CPAP urachan 3 339 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: urachan
  Weird spikes and then I wake up tiredguy1 4 291 02-12-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Low AHI - Why do I wake up? jkjsdflljkasdf9 3 416 02-05-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Why do I wake up after a few hours sleep? John Reston 6 493 01-28-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 422 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 343 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.