Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Two months compliant, still exhausted..
RE: Two months compliant, still exhausted..
(04-22-2015, 07:04 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: @Gabby - great to hear you are still connecting each night and trying to get what sleep is there to obtain. I wonder if you can tell me whether you remember having had a dream when you awake, most nights, some, few, or none at all. With the A10 for Her, the RERA comment (I think I saw earlier in the thread) should now be possible to check on. Are you having the Sleepyhead Software display the RDI instead of AHI? And if so, what are your average RERA /yellow/ scores?

Coconut oil should have a similar effect to other oils rich in Omega-6, but not having any Omega-3 component. You should look at the NIH research and others to determine if Omega-6 sounds like a good match to enable your body to counteract oxidative stress, and combat inflammation. One of the main stress risers for apnea patients is halting breathing. Your use of the CPAP should be reducing that threat.

Keep your eye on how stressed out you feel, and how much if any inflammation you get or eliminate as a result of coconut oil ingestion.

Good luck to you, and hope you can crack the tiredness issue.

QAL
Hi Qal, thanks for taking the time to write.
Yes I am able to see my RERA results and mostly they are nil.
As for whether my Sleepyhead displays AHI or RDI, it displays AHI, I know nothing about the RDI.

I have been taking the coconut oil intermittently as it makes me feel a little ice sometimes.
What do you mean about the inflammation? I do not think I am stressed.
I will read the article you told me about.
This past week I have done nothing but sleep day and night, it has been a very bad week for me.
I set my machine to APAP as was suggested above and am feeling worse, it could be while I am just adjusting.

I thought my tiredness problems would end when I started to use machines and masks but sadly I am one of the few people that 16 months later feels absolutely no better. It is so frustrating.

Wishing you a continued good journey.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI, Brain Fog, Exhausted Help Please alwaystired17 0 32 2 hours ago
Last Post: alwaystired17
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 285 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,647 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 484 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 290 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 672 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Has anyone ever received a refund on cpap after 3 months. Mwilson123 0 200 02-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mwilson123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.