Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Two months of SleepyHead Data
Two months of SleepyHead Data
My health insurance company tells me that my Respironics DreamStation is paid off, so I pulled that cellular "big brother" modem.

I've also changed DME suppliers because the one from March, INSISTED that the DreamWear was the perfect mask for me.  Although the open face / hose access was convenient, my untreated 96 AHI self could NOT sleep on my side.  If I tried, the side air channels would squish too much for me to stay asleep.  The DME would not order the ResMed Swift LT for Her that has worked well for me the last nine years.

Attached is two months of SleepyHead data charts. It was a bit of a challenge to capture with my Windows 10 tablet, but the only issue is the drop down menu on the upper left.

Until today, my CPAP has been set at 11 cm H20.  I'd like to try auto settings, but have no idea what range to initially try.  I'm not even sure that my level of apnea / hypopnea can handle an auto setting.  If the SleepHead experts can look at my attached file, and advise me of feasibility, I'd REALLY appreciate it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Two months of SleepyHead Data
(05-13-2018, 02:07 PM)FirstNoele Wrote: I've also changed DME suppliers because the one from March, INSISTED that the DreamWear was the perfect mask for me.

Good for you.  That's for the patient to decide, not the DME.

(05-13-2018, 02:07 PM)FirstNoele Wrote: Attached is two months of SleepyHead data charts. It was a bit of a challenge to capture with my Windows 10 tablet, but the only issue is the drop down menu on the upper left.

Until today, my CPAP has been set at 11 cm H20.  I'd like to try auto settings, but have no idea what range to initially try.  I'm not even sure that my level of apnea / hypopnea can handle an auto setting.  If the SleepHead experts can look at my attached file, and advise me of feasibility, I'd REALLY appreciate it.

Paging all experts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your results at 11.0 cm pressure is excellent, and the only "nit" I would pick on is a lower expiratory time than inspiratory time. That usually means nothing, but can be flow limitation, or just longer null flow at the end of expiration. For auto mode, you should start by closely bracketing your current pressure, for example 10.0 to 12.0. You can try widening that later. When results are this good with fixed pressure, there really is no need for variable pressure. Another thing to potentially try is CFlex at 1. That will give you some expiratory pressure relief. I would advise to choose either to experiment with Flex or Auto, but not both at once.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, 

Thank you so much for your suggestions of what to try next.  I wonder if some of the expiratory issues were only on the days that I was trying out the Dreamwear mask.  For several weeks I was trying to like it but went back and forth with my "good ole Swift LT for her."  LOL

If the expiratory situation is consistent for all the days, then it's the setting on the machine that I need to adjust.

This board is such a wonderful support network and I feel blessed to be a member.
Post Reply Post Reply
The statistic for expiratory time is there, and I can't speculate on all the variables that might contribute to it. In simple terms, expiratory time was lower with higher pressure. If there were other factors, I'm not aware of them. As I said, it is something you can usually see by zooming in on the flow rate graph. It is usually nothing more than an incorrect statistic by the machine detecting inspiration when it is actually near-zero flow following expiration.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 291 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,654 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 486 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 292 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 674 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Has anyone ever received a refund on cpap after 3 months. Mwilson123 0 200 02-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mwilson123
  [CPAP] Still tired after 4 months of CPAP mohtorhead 11 1,030 02-03-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.