Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] How To Keep Mask On
How To Keep Mask On
Hello,

I'm new to the board but not to Sleep Apnea. I've had the device a week now, and I'm seeing some results. I have been keeping the mask on for Average 3:27 according to Oscar. It seems like the daily average may slowly be increasing.

1. First thing I was concerned about, it seemed kind of warm and stuffy in the line. I turned the heat and humidity down to 68deg and 1 respectively.
  2. Secondly, the pressure's were set to 6mmH20 and 12mmH20, min and max. While I was awake, I felt like I was pulling against the machine on inhale. like I was inhaling faster than it wanted to give me air.
  3. I went into the technician settings last night, and one thing I noticed: it was set up for full face mask. I have a ResMed Airsense p30i which is a nasal pillow mask. How much of a difference would the wrong mask type make?

I attached Oscar data for last night. I read the OSCAR formatting guideline, there was essentially zero snoring, and resizing to include that graph was getting ugly on my monitor. Any ideas our suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How To Keep Mask On
Looks like you have only mild apnea. Less an uphill battle ahead.

Pretty sure the experts will ask about machine details. Some machines have the ability to increase the inhalation delay so there is less time in that vacuous state. It's called something weird on my machine so I can't remember the exact name - AFLEX or similar - and there are a few levels you can apply.

Also - mask type will (or should) affect sensitivity; so an incorrect mask setting may be part of the problem.

Again, jot down the machine make and model. It will help the more informed here guide you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How To Keep Mask On
The min is the inhale pressure.  If it feels like you need more air move the min up.  I personally have to have at least 9 or I'm taking my mask off at night.  Also I cant see what your EPR is set to but I would set it to 3, if it is not there set EPR to full time and 3.

As far as the min bump it up to at least 7 to give the EPR room to work and if you are not getting enough air move it to 9 or even 10...
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,523 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,204 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,747 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,092 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,423 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,830 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,528 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.