Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Two week wait for DME to dispense my CPAP device
RE: Two week wait for DME to dispense my CPAP device
An update... I received the Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset and AirFit P10 nasal pillow mask today. If not for this forum, I would have ended up with a plain CPAP machine and who knows what mask. I will download the SleepyHead software soon and see how things look. Thanks everyone for your help! Now, let's hope I can sleep at least a little while tonight with this contraption Smile
David
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2015, 12:57 PM)Dagmar Wrote: An update... I received the Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset and AirFit P10 nasal pillow mask today. If not for this forum, I would have ended up with a plain CPAP machine and who knows what mask. I will download the SleepyHead software soon and see how things look. Thanks everyone for your help! Now, let's hope I can sleep at least a little while tonight with this contraption Smile
David

Good for you to have that machine. Be patient with yourself as sometimes these contraptions do take a bit of getting "used to." Give yourself a few weeks and I'm guessing you will be pleased with the machine but even more grateful that you are starting to feel better. Good Luck to you this evening. Sleep well.

Post Reply Post Reply
I too had to play the hurry up and wait game. I was first told that it appears I may have sleep apnea when I was air flighted from a snowmobile accident this past march. I was laying on the post operating table with my shattered knee cap hanging out of my leg,4 broken ribs and too many bruises to count and fell asleep right thereSmile when I was awoken for the anesthesia my chart had sleep apnea written all over it. After the surgery they mentioned it to me and asked if I wanted to try a cpap and I said sure. I was having vitals checked every 4 hours that night and it felt like I had slept 8 hours wow!! So to the point everyone down the line knew I needed it yesterday and put a rush on things and didn't finally get it until a week ago, good thing they were rushing itThanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck, sleep well!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a sleep study end of August 2014.
Didn't get an APAP until October 23, 2014. Sad

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess I should not complain about my wait time since others have waited much longer. But, I'm glad I pushed my DME for a quicker appointment time - CPAP is helping. Thanks again everyone for your replies.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just joined today but have been a CPAP user for 10 years. (if I was a member back then, I have forgotten password etc. I think I was on a steam-powered computer. Grin )

Anyway, need a new box (old RemStar C-Flex making noises) and thought...hmmm...I am now old enough to maybe use Medicare. (retired)

Though I had my sleep study in 2005 etc., I was told that to get Medicare to pitch in, I had to get another study and jump through every hoop & garter as so many others here have found out.

Luckily, the online prices I see for good units seem to be around $700 (plus or minus humidifier etc.) while back then they were priced at around three grand for what y'all are now calling "bricks".

So I have decided to say "to heck with them" and purchase one outright. No hassle and 2 day shipping is worth it to me.

Now on to find a thread about these new boxes (I'm excited!)
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it's easier to just buy yourself for sure. I've been on CPAP now for almost a week and my last two nights have been AHI <5 and I'm feeling much better. Good luck with your new machine!
David
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used a C-PAP for over 10 years. I changed insurance companies so I need to change suppliers. They have an ongoing prescription so I never needed to go back to the doctor. Now I have switched insurance which forced me to change suppliers. My old C-PAP has died and I am doing poorly at work.

I don't see any other choice than to go back to the old provider and "rent" a good machine for $100 / month. I don't understand why the ongoing prescription is suddenly no good.

Any advice would be great.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2015, 08:31 PM)eehrenh Wrote: I have used a C-PAP for over 10 years. I changed insurance companies so I need to change suppliers. They have an ongoing prescription so I never needed to go back to the doctor. Now I have switched insurance which forced me to change suppliers. My old C-PAP has died and I am doing poorly at work.

I don't see any other choice than to go back to the old provider and "rent" a good machine for $100 / month. I don't understand why the ongoing prescription is suddenly no good.

Any advice would be great.

Check the supplier list at the top of this page.

Pretty much any of them will accept your prescription and sell you a machine for less than a year's rental.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 2,967 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 5 462 03-09-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24
  [NEW USER] First Week - Help Getting Oriented rarmstrong26 4 181 03-05-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: rarmstrong26
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 207 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 960 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Replacement Device and Leaks jtardo 3 342 01-15-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 673 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.