Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Two week wait for DME to dispense my CPAP device
RE: Two week wait for DME to dispense my CPAP device
I could have had a new 550 auto in two days after the sleep lab. DME I settled on had them on hand.

Insurance ie Medicare gave the go ahead the day after my titration.
Took an extra week because because I insisted on a PR 560 with heated hose. DME didnt know that model existed until I asked for it so he had to have one shipped.
Still had it in a week.
Had mask from titration , he set the pressures initally and i brought it home.
With the clinicians manual and nothing locked. Showed him i could unlock it so he didnt bother lol
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2015, 08:31 PM)eehrenh Wrote: I have used a C-PAP for over 10 years. I changed insurance companies so I need to change suppliers. They have an ongoing prescription so I never needed to go back to the doctor. Now I have switched insurance which forced me to change suppliers. My old C-PAP has died and I am doing poorly at work.

I don't see any other choice than to go back to the old provider and "rent" a good machine for $100 / month. I don't understand why the ongoing prescription is suddenly no good.

Any advice would be great.

Medicare changed the game first of last year i think it was.
Now you have to get an annual recertification letter that you still need and using the machine.
Not a biggie as it can be your gp. Or even a nurse practitioner to recert you.
My DMD just auto requests one from my PCP.
Mine was done last week. No new study etc.
I have a lifetime perscription, but for Meficarr you gotta have the recert now.
If your buying out of pocket doesnt affect you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Money 
I feel your pain, the test and titiration was amazing. Now I get to wait for all the machinery grind until I can fill my prescription for a device I NOW KNOW I NEED.
Post Reply Post Reply
It took me three weeks for me to get another machine due to an insurance change and my new insurance not being accepted with my first DME.

You think the transfer from DME one to the other would be seamless.

NOPE!

I had to be at everyone like white on rice.

My friend had to wait two month span from the sleep test, titration, and insurance grind through to finally get his machine.

It's madness.
Post Reply Post Reply
If everyone would just read the manual that comes in the box, most of the "training" would not be necessary. The only part I did not know already was about how and when to order replacement parts and that could have been covered by one page.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2016, 08:43 PM)Sn00zeAlarm Wrote: If everyone would just read the manual that comes in the box, most of the "training" would not be necessary. The only part I did not know already was about how and when to order replacement parts and that could have been covered by one page.

Very old thread. That said, Medicare REQUIRES that patients be 'trained' on the use of their new machine. So, you don't actually get a choice if you have that coverage. The booklet is just a reference.
Post Reply Post Reply
The title of this thread caught my eye as it took my DME about 4 full days to return a phone message. My clock was ticking on the 30 days for my first mask (Airfit P10) which I wanted to exchange for a Dreamwear. Thanks to all of the comments on this board, I've learned a great deal by reading over the past month.
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME told me I'd have to wait about 10 days. I was really nice, but I just kept insisting that they figure out a way to get me in sooner. Fifteen minutes later, I had an appointment the next morning. I had severe OSA, so I probably had a bit more leverage than someone with mild OSA. I was prescribed static Bi-PAP, but they gave me a Dreamstation Bi-PAP auto.

In my experience, almost no one will just hang up on you while you're being super nice.

I saw my doc 1 week after the home sleep study, had my titration session 1 week later, the doc made out a prescription in 4 days, and I had the machine the next day. And honestly, I think the process could have been a bit quicker.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2016, 08:43 PM)Sn00zeAlarm Wrote: If everyone would just read the manual that comes in the box, most of the "training" would not be necessary. The only part I did not know already was about how and when to order replacement parts and that could have been covered by one page.

WHY ARE YOU POSTING ON AN 18 MONTH OLD THREAD?
Post Reply Post Reply
I like it when someone posts on an old thread with the right subject and replies that fit the subject. Is it better to start a new topic with the same type of info?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 2,967 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 5 462 03-09-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24
  [NEW USER] First Week - Help Getting Oriented rarmstrong26 4 181 03-05-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: rarmstrong26
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 207 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 960 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Replacement Device and Leaks jtardo 3 343 01-15-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 673 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.