Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Balancing CAs and Aerophagia
RE: Two weeks on APAP and trying to understand
The term CSR is incorrectly used on the Resmed for periodic breathing. A bad night could be anything. Medication, pain, cramps, outside disruptions, etc. Take your pick. Everyone will have a bad night or a few. It comes with the territory. One night does not make a trend.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So you would more or less just ignore this night?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes! Just let it ride and see if it is an "Oops!" night and not a trend. Trends can be addressed, an outlier can not.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a year into therapy now and was hoping to get some help. Broad strokes: I've found reasonably decent sleep with EPR 3, pressure 7-8. However I would have random spikes in my CA events, sometimes for many nights in a row, and recently I decided to try messing with settings again to improve this.

Broadly speaking however, when I lower EPR to 2 that helps with my centrals but leads to aerophagia. I have GERD and the aerophagia is pretty bad, but my mental clarity is clearer without the centrals.

So it's a difficult trade off that I've been trying to navigate.

Also, after going from 7-8 to 4-6 I noticed a few RERAs crop up where previously I had none.

I'm attaching an example of 4-6, EPR 2 and 4-6.4 EPR 3.

I was thinking tonight I will try EPR 2, 5-5. Lower max to help with aerophagia, lower min to help with RERA, lower EPR to help with CA. Really hoping to get some advice from people... if I could get the results I get with lower EPR with no aerophagia I would be so much happier!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Didn't get the result I was expecting or hoping for here. Basically got the worst of all worlds lol. I might give it another try or go back to 4-6, EPR 2 and keep trying with that.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Could a mod change the title to something like "Balancing CAs and Aerophagia" please?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Balancing CAs and Aerophagia
Thread title change - Done!

-- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 614 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,654 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 11 527 02-19-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] UARS with Aerophagia and a High Leak Rate, what next? Adam0410 9 411 02-14-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Ohmy Aerophagia is making me lose my mind urachan 9 851 01-01-2024, 05:01 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  EPR, Central Apnea, and Aerophagia rpierce 23 2,310 11-12-2023, 12:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.