Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Two weeks review + leaks question
Two weeks review + leaks question
Hello,

Two weeks have passed and I have to say that I am satisfied of how I'm adapting to the CPAP treatment. 

I attach daily and summary stats as of yesterday, 19th July. Lowest AHI so far in 17 days: 0.29.

My settings are Min 9, Max 20, EPR 3. 

I tried yesterday to sleep with my Mirage Quattro FFM but after a couple of hours having the feeling that I had leaks everywhere in the mask, I decided to switch to my beloved P10 nasal pillows (2:30 AM), which are much better in terms of comfort and lightness. I thought the Quattro FFM was good but once tried the P10, there's no point of return.

I had leaks with the Quattro on (before 2:30 AM), I felt them and perturbed my sleep. However, leaks continued with the P10, perhaps due to mouth leaking, but I could sleep better after switching to the nasal pillows. I wore a cervical collar but this one in particular is very soft. The Eliminator, although comfortable in the neck, is large in height and pushes my chin up too strongly. The Eliminator does not improve my leak rates.

Average leak rate of the night was 1.89 l/min, 90% rate 7.20. I never reached the 24 l/min threshold.

Would you say that these leak rates are acceptable? Should I work to improve these or just relax and enjoy the ride?  Wink

Thanks for your help,

Rumble.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Two weeks review + leaks question
Your leaks are not bad and do not affect the efficiency of the machine.  Although, even small mask leaks that occur during the night can disturb your sleep.  And mouth breathing whether you wear a full face or nasal mask can cause dry mouth.

If your not bothered by leaks, and your not above the threshold of large leaks, then I wouldn’t worry too much.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Head#Leaks
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Anything less than 24/lm on a resmed machine is not a large leak does not affect therapy and nothing to worry about as long as the leaks are not uncomfortable and waking you up
Post Reply Post Reply
I find it is more the dry mouth and the feeling of air leaking that disturbs me the most and maybe most others.
It is very annoying when there is air leaking out of the mouth and the mouth is so dry that it is almost impossible to stop the air leaking through it Oh-jeez
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 280 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 131 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 319 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 134 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 159 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.