Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

UARS
RE: UARS
thx for the reminder.  i fixed it
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-29-2019, 08:37 PM)tarah Wrote: Thanks for your feedback.  

What do you think the squiggly lines after exhalation are all about?  To me, it appears that I am trying to inhale, airway probably closed down (maybe increase the EPAPmin?), and then after 1-4 atttempts, the machine detects that I am attempting to inhale and gives the IPAP.  Anyways, I was thinking of increasing the trigger sensitivity.

I don't myself know, but I do know that I and a lot of people seem to benefit from a higher trigger setting. Mine is on very high.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-29-2019, 08:37 PM)tarah Wrote: Thanks for your feedback.  

What do you think the squiggly lines after exhalation are all about?  To me, it appears that I am trying to inhale, airway probably closed down (maybe increase the EPAPmin?), and then after 1-4 atttempts, the machine detects that I am attempting to inhale and gives the IPAP.  Anyways, I was thinking of increasing the trigger sensitivity.

The other sort of unusual thing I've been noticing is that the maximum IPAP is only being delivered at the very end of exhalation.  I don't know if this is a variable that can be manipulated, perhaps it's specific to each machine.  The only reason I'm looking at it is because of an article I just posted a link to in which it says that the IPAP should be being delivered through the inhalation.
 The squiggly lines are just your cardiac frequency showing up in your breath because the machine is not perfect and picks up your normal heart beat as a change in flow rate. There is a scientific term for that but I can't remember it.  Lot of people have this kind of noise in their flow rate so don't worry about it. A pause between exhalation and inhalation is perfectly normal
Post Reply Post Reply
New settings are working fairly well for me at the present.  I have had quite a few good nights of feeling like I'm getting solid chunks of sleep.  I'm still seeing a fair amount of awakenings, many that look like this.  What is happening here?  It doesn't appear to be preceeded by airflow issues.  Maybe leg kicks?  Spontaneous wakeups?

I'm going to start wearing watch hubbie uses for running, which should tell me about movement.  Also, going to get the camera ordered so that I can evaluate if legs are kicking.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I am having mostly good nights, in which I feel pretty good the following day.  Still too many very brief awakenings, lots of switching from side to side to back.

I need advice on where to go from here.  I have attached pictures of last night.  I had trouble getting to sleep, but that is only happening about once a week.  I'm not really focused on that too much.  Mostly about what I should do regarding the arousals.  Should I keep increasing PS or EPAPmin?

Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers are great so I would increase PS to 6
Post Reply Post Reply
Your FL is totally under control, and the only events you're having are clear airways. 

Are there other lifestyle things (exercise? diet?) that seem to correlate with quality of sleep for you?
Post Reply Post Reply
Do the arousals appear to be flow limitations to you?  I am trying hard to see what's happening.  They're pretty much all happening during the deeper sleep stages.  In between, things are looking pretty good.

thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I wish I knew.  I eat very well.  I exercise almost every day.  I meditate.  I have stopped with all screentime in the evening, just reading.  My hip has been hurting, and that definitely makes me toss and turn, but I took ibuprofen last night, and it wasn't hurting.

The improvement since the surgery is HUGE.  But there's still room to go to reduce awakenings.  On a "good", I will remember waking up and turning to the other side 6-8 times, plus I can see that I'm waking up quite a bit more than the times that I remember.
Post Reply Post Reply
Been at PS 5.6, EPAPmin 6 for the last 4 days.  Sleeping pretty good most of the night, mostly trouble in the early morning hoursI, where most of the CA's are showing up, lots of awake/asleep stuff. I am hoping that it's just everything sorting itself out.  I have been feeling pretty good most days. 

What do you all think of the CA's?  Should I wait it out and hope they go away or lower the PS?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diagnosed with UARS just got CPAP with mask need help setting it up nicchamilton 2 79 Yesterday, 03:26 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 19 668 Yesterday, 06:39 AM
Last Post: ewriter
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 115 04-23-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 15 1,190 04-17-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: jkossis
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,561 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 50 2,331 04-16-2024, 02:57 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  CPAP Not Helping... Possible UARS?? TiredTim 0 195 04-02-2024, 05:24 PM
Last Post: TiredTim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.