Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

UARS
RE: UARS
.... later, with more time, i Will try to Go further on these charts and see...
Gl
Post Reply Post Reply
...remember now, I have missed: what are your other settings, please?
Timin:...Timax....Cycle:....Trigger.... tube temperature (if any) humidity..

And, also, as I mentioned earlier, if I were me, I would not use IPAPmx > EPAPmin+PS. For us, UARS  people, arsing/awakening too much, it appears this does not pay off. It was a relief for me when a equate those.
For instance, in your charts, we may see those autobumps pressures at 23;37....5:10.... 5;35 were unecessary; you were awake.
good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
How are you telling when I'm awake?

These are just the pre-sets
Timin:2
Timax:0.3
Cycle:med
Trigger:med
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2019, 08:07 PM)tarah Wrote: How are you telling when I'm awake?...please, post 10min-windows here, and I think I would be able to tell you how...thanks

These are just the pre-sets
Timin:2....I suppose this would be exchanged?
Timax:0.3....idem?
Cycle:med
Trigger:med
good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2019, 02:36 PM)tarah Wrote: I think perhaps mper6794 is on to something with additional collapse happening at specific sleep cycles.  If it were just a stuffy nose, why would I have hours where everything looks fine and then hours where there's so many problems?  It's almost the EXACT SAME pattern, night after night.  I even included a chart from back in June.  

Doesn't this look like collapse with deeper sleep cycles?  What can I do if this indeed is happening?

yes, for instance: oct3th....let us start counting time at 20:40 +90 min (22:10), your chart indicate REM, parallel with increasing in flagged FL...then, 22:10+90 minutes (23:40),  your chart indicate REM, parallel with increasing in flagged FL....then, 23:40+90 minutes (1;10/1:20), your chart indicate REM, parallel with increasing in flagged FL......How do your feel this night?

Could you please plot ten-minutes of this oct3th, adding median reference line for RR and amplified scale max 20, as well as the chart leak? I think, we should further explore this….

good luck

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2019, 03:46 PM)mper6794 Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 02:36 PM)tarah Wrote: Doesn't this look like collapse with deeper sleep cycles?  What can I do if this indeed is happening?... Maybe keep on working as we are doing..
Good luck

....and, maybe, start thinking on sew a tennis ball back on your pijama, to not sleep on your backs...i use that!...i am aware you would to have to balance this with worse stuffy nose on side and stomach positions.
Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not have a record of how I was feeling October 3.

I couldn't take the mask last night, pressure bothering me, just couldn't deal with it, and I slept without it (pretty well actually) last night.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, tarah
_comparing your oct3th(APAP) charts and and latest one(BPAP) there was a clear improvement in REM quality (less FL and less variability in RR), as would be expected.
_These difficulties while increasing pressure looks always a problem at first. I faced It many times and had sucess with leakings in my airfit f20, tighter It up at every step.
_great and interesting news on sleep nicely whithout the machine. Difficult, of course, but It would be great to know what would have been positions this night, as well as stuffy nose behavior.
_as i mentioned earlier, above, luckily you eventually end up not needing PAP at all, after handling properly stuffy nose and maybe sleep positions (Thanks Prana!).
GL
Post Reply Post Reply
Back from surgery!  Feels like someone punched me in the nose, but all in all it went well.  And I can breathe through my nose!
Post Reply Post Reply
That sounds GREAT    like
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 1 95 Yesterday, 03:47 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 991 Yesterday, 03:24 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 634 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 203 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 81 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 203 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.