Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

UARS
RE: UARS
Glad the surgury is over. Be sure to catch up with us once you don't feel mugged.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2019, 08:12 PM)tarah Wrote: Back from surgery!  Feels like someone punched me in the nose, but all in all it went well.  And I can breathe through my nose!
Great, Tarah! all the best!

gl
Post Reply Post Reply
I will be trying my CPAP again for the first time tonight since surgery.  Everything has been too sore to use a mask and I had an external splint for 2 days, so I've gone without it for the past 4 nights.

The healing process is going to take some time.  There is still alot of swelling, and my ear hurts quite a bit from the cartilidge graft.  Plus just all the emotional stuff around someone doing surgery on my face and ear, and so much hope and anticipation and dread and all of that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Night 1 with CPAP post surgery.  There is still alot of congestion that has to clear up.  But so far, it seems like things have worked well.  I woke very little last night, some pain this morning so I took it off early this morning.  I am posting shots from last night and a week ago.  Note the PS decrease and overall decrease in pressure, and the much less flow limited breathing.  I am cautiously hopeful.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2019, 09:31 AM)tarah Wrote: Note the PS decrease and overall decrease in pressure, and the much less flow limited breathing.  I am cautiously hopeful.

Hasn't your FL (just comparing the graphs) gone up with the decrease of PS from 4.2 to 3?

As in, as you heal, might inch PS back up again?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see much difference in the FL with the lower PS, and everything seems to have improved since surgery in that regard. I think you should continue to feel better as you heal. Looks like this was well worth it! What do you think?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was able to do a cardio workout (nothing too strenuous) and breathe through my nose for the first time in my life.  It was incredible.

I feel like things are going to improve and just get better as everything heals up.  I am hoping to move back to a nasal mask with a chin strap which is much more comfortable for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi.  I am day 12 past nasal surgery and trying to adjust my settings.  I still have alot of congestion, which my ENT said should clear up quite a bit more this week as turbinates heal.

The past 6 days have been great sleep, very few awakenings.  Last night was not so good, tons of awake/asleep/awake/asleep.  Especially between 0300 and 0430.  I was waking in the middle of dreams repeatedly.

It appears that breathing is going along very evenly until I reach REM sleep.  Then lots of flow limitations, pressure going up and down constantly, and waking up. 

Should I hold steady with current settings?  Perhaps limit the IPAPmax so it's not jumping around so much?  Thanks for your help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2019, 02:14 PM)tarah Wrote: Should I hold steady with current settings?  Perhaps limit the IPAPmax so it's not jumping around so much? 

I wouldn't do that; always give the max IPAP room to work.

I have taken to raising my min EPAP to do what you're wondering about.
Post Reply Post Reply
EPAP of 5 is pretty low.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 1 91 Yesterday, 03:47 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 988 Yesterday, 03:24 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 633 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 203 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 81 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 201 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.