Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

UARS
RE: UARS
Not independently of messing with other changes so I think that is my next step.  What do you watch for in terms of expiratory pressure intolerance?  I think it should be fine, as my initial APAP settings were 8 with EPR3 and the machine was regularly at 11-13, so much higher expiratory pressures.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(12-16-2019, 05:37 PM)tarah Wrote: Not independently of messing with other changes so I think that is my next step.  What do you watch for in terms of expiratory pressure intolerance?  I think it should be fine, as my initial APAP settings were 8 with EPR3 and the machine was regularly at 11-13, so much higher expiratory pressures.

Really just comfort.

And if you're prone to it (I don't recall; I'm not), maybe aerophagia?

I was thinking slight tweaks there (0.2, 0.4); nothing dramatic.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training. And my first experience with xPAP was fairly recent. So I'm somewhere along the path of a steep learning curve.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I will try 0.2 adjustments at a time and see what happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2019, 04:25 PM)tarah Wrote: Backed off of PS from 6.0 to 5.6 to decrease the CAs.....that was good. Your ratio E:I normalized an your RR/2 backed to lower threshold at 6.9; better MV.  Tried below 5.6 and it results in too many wakeups.....I think you would have less wake ups by increasing EPAPmin; PS would not be the primary case, at first. However you would do have this room, 5.6 to 5.0, to work. But not at same time as EPAPmin.

I have been feeling remarkably good the past 2 weeks (4 weeks post surgery).  I can only hope that it continues as the healing improves.  As far as sleeping at night, I do feel like I'm getting good chunks of sleep.  Too many wakeups in the early morning hours, but again, hoping that improves as my brain calms down about it being safe to breathe. .....well, this could happen as plus. However, you would not need wait to proper balance your EPAPmin x PS; responses are overnight...I also tried limiting the IPAPmax to EPAPmin+PS and it was not good.  A fair amount of OAs.....maybe, because you  would not adjust EPAPmin, yet.

Here's the latest.....good chart, however with too many arousals/awakenings in my opinion, which, again, would resolve, I hope, by increasing EPAPmin.
2;47 (15s arousal): no straighforeward cause, but would not be respiratory effort-driven. You could choose among these, maybe: [b]PLMS, noise, tactile, pain, vibration, and hormone issues.
4:34:30: this would be a 2.5 minutes arousal > awakening driven by respiratory effort, likely within REM.

[/b]

Hi, tarah
Keep doing a good job. Congrats.

atb
Mper
I am not a doctor. Nothing that I say here is medical advice
All my posts include only outcomes/learnings from my own/other therapies and medical literature

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(12-16-2019, 04:36 PM)slowriter Wrote: Have you tried raising the min EPAP at all?

slowriter, this the way, i agree
Mper
All my posts include only outcomes/learnings from my own/other therapies and medical literature

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2019, 08:21 PM)tarah Wrote: Yes, I will try 0.2 adjustments at a time and see what happens.

good way to go
Mper

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] UARS and APAP slowriter 340 11,112 01-04-2020, 09:41 AM
Last Post: slowriter
  hey TORONTO! I need Sleep Dr for UARS, FL's, EERS etc. cary1 5 161 12-23-2019, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  UARS/FL (PLMS): Yellow/R Lights For So Many Lingering Folks_“Is Bilevel the Answer?" mper6794 106 3,063 12-17-2019, 02:56 PM
Last Post: tarah
  Pressure settings for UARS treatment cate253 16 351 12-17-2019, 03:14 AM
Last Post: cate253
  Playing didgeridoo as adjunctive for sleep apnea/UARS? JoeyWallaby 3 248 11-30-2019, 01:59 PM
Last Post: JoeyWallaby
  UARS: AirCurve 10 VAUTO $500 vs Dreamstation APAP $400 hombrecpap 58 1,679 11-12-2019, 02:48 PM
Last Post: WillSleep
  Flow Limitations, For Her, UARS, etc. WakeTired 40 2,823 11-02-2019, 02:11 PM
Last Post: slowriter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.