Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

UARS: AirCurve 10 VAUTO $500 vs Dreamstation APAP $400
RE: UARS: AirCurve 10 VAUTO $500 vs Dreamstation APAP $400
(10-30-2019, 01:12 PM)hombrecpap Wrote: It seems you guys are doubting my UARS diagnosis. I doubt it myself and my initial intention was to confirm UARS presence, since AirCurve 10 doesn't "estimate" RERAs, I have to rely on FL (but I assume all FLs are RERAs, they probably have to be manually reviewed each on charts).

@WillSleep I like your idea about the camera, recording myself makes more sense now when I have a timed history of respiratory events.
It seems like for UARS / RERAs monitoring it would be great if I would come up with some kind of a EEG solution. Zero ideas so far besides seeing earlier OpenEEG software package (and a discussion how expensive it was to deal with sensors and medical glue) and Dreem 2 onilne (for sleep phases, REM, it's not cheap, and not sure if it would work with my P10 mask). 

I don't doubt the diagnosis. The study you posted shows you had a number of RERAs, which is the primary feature of UARS.

And your symptoms mostly fit too (though of course there are other things that can cause those).

See my thread for using the Dreem 2. It would work fine with the P10. There's some links in there to a few threads I started on the headband, one of which includes a link to some python code that would allow you to import the sleep stage data into OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2019, 10:14 AM)ragtopcircus Wrote: Fred, I’m confused. He had Centrals in his sleep study too. While pressure support (at 4) may have made it worse, it seems like there was already a problem.

Does it make sense to try to treat the UARS at some minimal level of pressure support, or even try the CO2 rebreathing gadget that some here have experimented with so he can tolerate more PS for UARS?

If I understand correctly his last night's? Sleep test said no apnea.  That typically measn zero.  So that was my thought.  Obviously seeing his report may reveal otherwise.

UARS is a guess, not a diagnosis.  All I said was to identify something to try and resolve.  Then the actions you propose are the likely ones to employ, including possibly the EERS solution.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2019, 01:29 PM)bonjour Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 10:14 AM)ragtopcircus Wrote: Fred, I’m confused. He had Centrals in his sleep study too. While pressure support (at 4) may have made it worse, it seems like there was already a problem.

Does it make sense to try to treat the UARS at some minimal level of pressure support, or even try the CO2 rebreathing gadget that some here have experimented with so he can tolerate more PS for UARS?

If I understand correctly his last night's? Sleep test said no apnea.  That typically measn zero.  So that was my thought.  Obviously seeing his report may reveal otherwise.

UARS is a guess, not a diagnosis.

No it's not; the sleep study summary explicitly diagnosed UARS.
Post Reply Post Reply
@bonjour Just to confirm, I don't expect to see obstructive apnea events, my sleep medicine doc told me that when I get APAP (she prescribed dreamstation apap) I would have to go by how I feel after using it, no any tweaking (implying I wouldn't have anything else to rely on). She prescribed me APAP (self-financed, no insurance coverage, due to UARS only, lack of OSA) and pressures 6-18, C-FLEX 2. And told me to try that for 3 months and see her again so she could check collected data for mask leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
The sleep study diagnosis was UARS and other sleep “architecture” issues, but there are Centrals in the accompanying data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2019, 01:47 PM)hombrecpap Wrote: @bonjour  Just to confirm, I don't expect to see obstructive apnea events, my sleep medicine doc told me that when I get APAP (she prescribed dreamstation apap)  I would have to go by how I feel after using it, no any tweaking (implying I wouldn't have anything else to rely on). She prescribed me APAP (self-financed, no insurance coverage, due to UARS only, lack of OSA) and pressures 6-18, C-FLEX 2. And told me to try that for 3 months and see her again so she could check collected data for mask leaks.

To the post I responded to you said you had not seen the sleep study, I assumed the attached study was an old one (no date on the study).  And based on your entry you had no diagnosis.  Sorry about that.

Your VAuto is still not showing anything but some fairly mild Flow Limitation that by itself I would not chase.  The first step is still let's identify arousals and awakenings so we can tell if we are accomplishing anything.  This as I said requires finding them in 2-3 minute segments.  If your study is accurate they should be there.
Post Reply Post Reply
@bonjour when you say to look for disturbances, are you talking about 2-3 mins intervals on Flow L chart or some other chart ?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2019, 01:54 PM)ragtopcircus Wrote: The sleep study diagnosis was UARS and other sleep “architecture” issues, but there are Centrals in the accompanying data.

Sorry, I was looking at the old report. Nevermind.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2019, 04:13 PM)ragtopcircus Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 01:54 PM)ragtopcircus Wrote: The sleep study diagnosis was UARS and other sleep “architecture” issues, but there are Centrals in the accompanying data.

Sorry, I was looking at the old report. Nevermind.

The one in my signature is the latest most recent one (just a one month old, in lab one, September 2019), my bad it looks like I blacked out dates on those attachments.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mostly the Flow rate chart, but look at other for signs of breathing irregularity.  This step is to identify disturbances.  The next is to validate them.  Then we can attack them.  Just trying to do this methodically.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 1 98 Yesterday, 03:47 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 992 Yesterday, 03:24 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 314 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 634 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 203 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 862 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.