Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

UARS: AirCurve 10 VAUTO $500 vs Dreamstation APAP $400
RE: UARS: AirCurve 10 VAUTO $500 vs Dreamstation APAP $400
I hope so! My in-lab sleep study attached, it probably looks weird because I got a massive headache until 2am (rare for me) and I made a mistake of not taking ibuprofen because didn't want ibuprofen to mess up with results which it's known to make apnea worse I heard

charts

Post Reply Post Reply
Your study looks similar to mine: lots of RERAs, hardly any REM.
Post Reply Post Reply
ENT called me (I haven't seen my report yet) after seeing the report and told me I have no surgical options (no sleep apnea, no insurance coverage), and that we should cancel my sleep endoscopy (which I regret now not getting it though).

He told me I had two self funded options for UARS: 
- oral appliance (I have invisalign, retainers going on, can't probably try that)
- slumberBump to force me to sleep on my side (which I tried last week, pain in the rib lasting all day after using it). It seems from the study I barely slept on my back though.

He wasn't even going to bring up CPAP as an option because it's not covered by insurance...
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2019, 02:20 PM)hombrecpap Wrote: ENT called me (I haven't seen my report yet) after seeing the report and told me I have no surgical options (no sleep apnea, no insurance coverage), and that we should cancel my sleep endoscopy (which I regret now not getting it though).

He told me I had two self funded options for UARS: 
- oral appliance (I have invisalign, retainers going on, can't probably try that)
- slumberBump to force me to sleep on my side (which I tried last week, pain in the rib lasting all day after using it). It seems from the study I barely slept on my back though.

He wasn't even going to bring up CPAP as an option because it's not covered by insurance...

But you're covered on that now!

My bet is once you get dialed in on the vauto, and adjusted to it (will take some time, so be patient), you won't have a problem sleeping on your back. 

Indeed, tarah (see her thread) noted after getting her vauto she was able to sleep well on her back for first time in many years!
Post Reply Post Reply
Got AirCurve 10 yesterday. First decided to collect reference data with low fixed IPAP/EPAP.  "4" was suffocating, eventually I abandoned that idea and decided to go with recommended default settings (almost):

Ramp=Off
Mode=VAuto
Min EPAP=5
Max IPAP=13
PS=4
(I also ended up bumping Ti max from 2.0 to 2.5)

I was struggling to fall asleep for an hour, then waking up multiple times during the next hour, until I decided to continue sleeping without AirCurve at midnight (2 hours total) since I had an important day coming.  

When I woke up the device showed AHI 10, Central Apnea 10!
Not sure why! Maybe my mouth would open sometimes, strange. 

OSCAR Screenshots:
[Image: YBGRnUY.png]

Zoomed to a fake or not fake CA event:
[Image: v5i1JyR.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m not so sure that’s fake ... and you have Centrals in your sleep report. I’d suggest holding off until the experts have a chance to weigh in, or at least turn the pressure support down for now (2?).

Question for the experts: the Vauto Clinician Guide documents a fixed backup rate available in S mode only, but I don’t see it with either the 302 or 306 firmware. Is that an error, or am I missing something?
Post Reply Post Reply
There is no backup rate in the VAuto

I would suggest dropping the PS to 2 fir now you will prob get used to a higher ps over time and the CA’s drop
Post Reply Post Reply
Real events. Your machine is operating efficiently and it is washing out too much CO2 from your blood. Reducing PS should help this.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!  I didn't see the comments last night when I decided to drop PS to 0 to start slow / simple.
I made a mistake the first night: incorrectly set a mask type within settings: nasal instead of pillows, 
maybe that changes the machine's behavior. 

Night #2
PS: 0
Pressure range: 7-12

I was able to last 5 hours with the machine waking up many times, then 3 hours  without.  Some neck pain/tension upon waking up.
(used paper medical tape for mouth-taping to avoid false CA events, was deciding to try cervical collar, but maybe next time)

Data seems to be looking better, AirCurve raises pressure in response to flow limitations, which there seems to be a lot.
I guess that's my UARS there.
Maybe I just need to hang in there on these settings for a few nights to get used to the whole experience?
[Image: cNXUVlM.png]

Full Night (pressure jumps)
[Image: tyVIiSg.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm guessing you're going to need PS, and will just be a balance between that and CAs, and how your body/brain adjusts.

I wouldn't start at 0. Start at least at 2 (per recommendation above), and if OK, slowly raise over time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 104 11 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  need help be with Ti min and Ti max, just got airsense vauto and got some questions shedu1337 7 177 04-22-2024, 09:02 AM
Last Post: shedu1337
  New ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto - Oscar Chart Raven87 12 248 04-22-2024, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 3 163 04-20-2024, 02:07 AM
Last Post: melbell
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 18 618 04-20-2024, 01:21 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 6 186 04-19-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: aubreyjs
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 107 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.