Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

UARS: AirCurve 10 VAUTO $500 vs Dreamstation APAP $400
RE: UARS: AirCurve 10 VAUTO $500 vs Dreamstation APAP $400
(10-31-2019, 06:32 AM)hombrecpap Wrote: Still shopping for an IR camera and a USB enabled oxymeter.

For a camera I bought this for $26 at Amazon, had 13k+ reviews.  Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor Wireless Smart Home Camera with Night Vision, 2-Way Audio, Person Detection, Works with Alexa & the Google Assistant.   

I do not love it but it is a lot of bang for the buck for $26.    Requires a Smartphone app to review the recordings.  I find the app a wee bit annoying to use on an iPhone but it has high quality images and is 'adequate' for occasional review of nightly results.  It works.  Others may have figured out how to tickle it to make it more fun or will recommend a better alternative.   

////////////   

Pulse Oximeter

I recently posted on Pulse-Oximeters here at the link below recommending the "Wellue O2Ring" and "Wellue Sleep Pulse Oxygen Monitor" wrist worn version.  jtech and a few others also like the O2Ring. Google the full exact name to find links and best prices.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid316900

Slowriter just found what might be a newer version of Contec model he might talk about. 

WillSleep

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
On my return home there should be Wyze cam awaiting me. I was researching OSCAP supported oxymeters and it seemed not immediately obvious which ones truly have USB support, prices vary a lot. I like that Wellue collects motion data.

The only thing that made me hesitate about Wyze was 10 FPS in a night time mode. It would be nice to be able import videos to OSCAR.

I wonder if I should pull the trigger with Dreem 2, or work with what I have at the moment (camera, and later oxymeter) and wait out until real customers QA dreem 2 because it was just released.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2019, 06:13 PM)hombrecpap Wrote: I wonder if I should pull the trigger with Dreem 2, or work with what I have at the moment (camera, and later oxymeter) and wait out until real customers QA dreem 2 because it was just released.

1) For sure the Oximeter is a 'buy now" item if you are wanting to really clarify what impact any CAs are having on you.

2) Check out the good, recent/fresh posts on Dreem Slowriter mentions above.   I believe he has the Dreem 2.

WillSleep

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2019, 06:38 PM)WillSleep Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 06:13 PM)hombrecpap Wrote: I wonder if I should pull the trigger with Dreem 2, or work with what I have at the moment (camera, and later oxymeter) and wait out until real customers QA dreem 2 because it was just released.

1) For sure the Oximeter is a 'buy now" item if you are wanting to really clarify what impact any CAs are having on you.  

2) Check out the good, recent/fresh posts on Dreem Slowriter mentions above.    I believe he has the Dreem 2.

Yep; see my profile for a few threads I discuss it in.
Post Reply Post Reply
Went through 3 microSD cards, a Wyze cam was not able to see any of them. Seems like a common issue these days, either a new firmware broke something or mine has a defective microSD slot. Quality of the streaming video seemed to be good. I might end up ordering some other brand unless Wyze can be used as a webcam.

This issue plus me preparing a farewell email (Friday is my last day) too much time was spent, went to sleep late and frustrated, without the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2019, 01:16 PM)hombrecpap Wrote: Went through 3 microSD cards, a Wyze cam was not able to see any of them. Seems like a common issue these days, either a new firmware broke something or mine has a defective microSD slot. Quality of the streaming video seemed to be good. I might end up ordering some other brand unless Wyze can be used as a webcam.

I bought one like a month ago, and had zero problems with the card I used.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2019, 01:16 PM)hombrecpap Wrote: Went through 3 microSD cards, a Wyze cam was not able to see any of them. Seems like a common issue these days, either a new firmware broke something or mine has a defective microSD slot. Quality of the streaming video seemed to be good. I might end up ordering some other brand unless Wyze can be used as a webcam.

Congrats on the last day!

I read posts somewhere about:
  • People having trouble with MicroSD cards with that camera
  • Discussion around needing to format them correctly for camera (more than just FAT32 ? ).  I did not dig into the details.
  • People saying .. I just bought the a little more expensive Wyze MicroSD and others saying .. Ya, that is the way to go.   
So I also purchased the Wyze MicroSD when I bought the camera.  They arrived together.  Works like a champ.

WillSleep

Post Reply Post Reply
@WillSleep Thank you!

I eventually made Wyze Cam to work by downgrading it's firmware manually to the version before the upgrade and the one it was shipped with...

I'm going to post an update soon with my data collected over the last week.

Just got an in-lab sleep study bill and breakdown

Code:
Original Medical Fee  $5,462.00
Price for Independence Blue Cross members  $4,214.15
Paid by your Comcast NBCUniversal plan $3,590.26
Your out-of-pocket cost  $623.89
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2019, 08:52 AM)hombrecpap Wrote: @WillSleep Thank you!

I eventually made Wyze Cam to work by downgrading it's firmware manually to the version before the upgrade and the one it was shipped with...

I'm going to post an update soon with my data collected over the last week.

Just got an in-lab sleep study bill and breakdown

Wyze firmware - Yikes! 
There was a report of some weird firmware issues from Wyze.  I think I will just keep ignoring the upgrade firmware prompt on my camera for a while to make sure they have time to sort out issues.

Sleep Study costs - Yikes!
Every time I see how how those costs are it leads me to start thinking about ways some smart innovators in a startup could disrupt the way Apena / OSA / Sleep Disorders Breathing diagnostics take place.  There is a lot of room there to provide better health to patients faster at a lower cost to patients, CMS and the 8 big health insurance providers.

WillSleep

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 952 9 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 160 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 64 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 624 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 197 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 857 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.