Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

UARS CPAP setting? Help me interpret OSCAR data
RE: UARS CPAP setting? Help me interpret OSCAR data
I slept a couple nights with the full face mask now and the leak rate went down by a lot. However, I noticed AHI and flow limitations went up.

Any suggestions?

[Image: lAOth4O.png]
[Image: PUVPKgP.png]

Zoomed in:

[Image: ZsZYKlv.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: UARS CPAP setting? Help me interpret OSCAR data
Congratulations on finding a FFM that works for you! If you decide to stick with it, could you change the mask info in your profile?

Although your AHI is higher, that's mostly due to the time period you zoomed in on. The rest of the night looks good as far as events go.

The cluster you zoomed in on, plus the big flare of FLs after it, might reflect a postural problem, most likely tucking your chin down toward your chest. If that happens just occasionally, I wouldn't worry about it, but if it shows up fairly regularly, you will benefit from using a soft cervical collar. More here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

I would recommend sticking with your current settings for maybe another week to get a better sense of where things stand. At that point, you may well want to increase your minimum by 1 and increase the EPR to 3 to see whether that helps with the flow limitations.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 4 76 8 hours ago
Last Post: gainerfull
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 15 469 Yesterday, 12:40 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,287 Yesterday, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 254 Yesterday, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 15 1,139 04-17-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: jkossis
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,363 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 398 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.