UARS and continued fatigue
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Sex: Male

RE: UARS and continued fatigue
(07-25-2013 08:00 AM)allielb83 Wrote:  RonWessels, I somewhat understand what AHI, FLow limitations etc are, I just can't interpret very well.

If you don't have the ResScan Interpretation Guide, it will help somewhat. Here's the link:

http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interpretation-Guide.pdf

Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

07-25-2013 09:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
RonWessels Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: REMstar Auto AFlex DS560TS
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ComfortGel Blue
Humidifier: REMstar Heated Tube DS6T
CPAP Pressure: 11 - 20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: CMS50F Pulse Oximeter

I would strongly recommend that you read that guide. The first part is all about installing and using the ResScan program, but the latter part of that guide gives some really good information about what the graphs and other information means and how to interpret it.

If you have questions about any of that stuff, feel free to ask.
07-25-2013 10:55 AM
vsheline Online

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

Hi allielb83, welcome to the forum!

Here is an article which includes discussion of RERAs (Respiratory Effort Related Arousals) and suggests bi-level treatment can often improve sleep quality beyond that achievable by common CPAP therapy.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-and-BiPAP

However, in your case about half of your AHI is made up of Central Apnea events, and I think standard bi-level therapy tends make CA events more frequent.

CA events usually resolve themselves during the first several months of PAP therapy, decreasing on their own to just a few per hour or less.

If you eventually try bi-level therapy to see if it will improve your sleep quality, after 6 months if the CA events have not decreased to a few per hour or less, there are types of bi-level therapy which can handle both OA and CA events. One is called Adaptive Servo Ventilation (ASV) therapy, but new ASV machines are nearly $2K from Supplier #2, and I think some insurance programs will not cover ASV machines unless the majority of the events making up the AHI (Apnea Hypopnea Index, average number of events per hour) are Central Apnea events, AND the CA Index (all by itself) is at least 5 per hour (or with some insurance programs, at least 15 per hour). So perhaps one may need to pay for that type of machine out-of-pocket.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2013 04:52 AM by vsheline.)
07-28-2013 04:50 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anyone with UARS here? JohnnyTenFingers 2 221 10-13-2016 03:48 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  continued success, hope for others jxyzobrien 1 281 10-05-2016 07:30 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  UARS - ENT Recommended Septoplasty/Turbinate Reduction....experience? LB1982 11 462 09-30-2016 09:09 AM
Last Post: richb
  Fatigue and forgetfulness after treatment? marxxx 21 4,294 08-07-2016 01:42 PM
Last Post: StupidPlanet
  Dreamstation for UARS? Art10630 7 439 08-07-2016 09:16 AM
Last Post: Ghost1958
  Daytime fatigue stories! jessamnda 10 762 07-24-2016 03:31 PM
Last Post: ger365
  What I learned today about mini-apneas and fatigue or why SH is the bomb Mark Douglas 44 6,459 07-02-2016 07:28 AM
Last Post: silverny1