Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

UP24 Wristband
UP24 Wristband
Hey All,

has anyone used an UP24 Wristband and did it provide any useful information? My machine only tells me the hour usage. I would like to know more.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: UP24 Wristband
First, welcome to the forum Smile

I've not heard anything about this device, but hopefully someone that has will jump in soon.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
I just went to Google and typed in UP24 and found some reviews. From what I read there it sounds like it is not quite ready for prime time as the notifications and such are still buggy. Having said that, it would be good to get someone's opinion of the unit as it relates to OSA and sleep cycles. Personally, if someone is going to charge me $150 for buggy software, their name needs to be Bill Gates. I can only have one person giving my buggy software at a time! Bigwink
Mike
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
<sarcasm>

I expect we'll be seeing more crap products like this from Apple now that they've got the health lobbyists in their pockets too. A bracelet can perhaps track hand movement and, if tight enough, can perhaps catch some people's pulse. But I don't see how it can do anything in regards to tracking sleep patterns. You have to tell it when you go to bed and when you get up. You can do the same thing with a notepad on your night stand. Sure, I can see the use in keeping track of how many steps you take each day (my chair has an odometer) but everything else, you're telling it what you are doing and we're right back to the notepad on the nightstand again.

</sarcasm>
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I saw a friend on Fbook post a couple graphs one of steps taken / rest and one of sleep light / deep and who knows what other classifications it had. She was using an App called Jawbone? Not sure if it is a bracelet sensor or what. The screenshot did look cool, I wanted to put a sleepyhead report on to show what a real in depth sleep report looks like. Not sure if they were just going by movement to try to detect sleep patterns or what.
Addition- that is the wristband used for that company's Bluetooth link to the smart phone fitness app that I saw the screen shots of.
Post Reply Post Reply
The reviews for the UP24 on Amazon are pretty negative - buggy software couple with device failure, plus the high price. Apparently it only works with Mac computers. There is a less expensive competitor that gets better reviews, but it only works with some versions of Windows.

Instead of spending $150 on the UP24 I'd put the money toward a real data capable CPAP machine from Supplier #2. Then you can look at the data and see what's really going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Or a recording pulse oximeter.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
These wrist band things are fun... The one quoted here, the Jawbone... Nike has one too. Another goodie is the "Fit-Bit." I bought one of those for Mrs Retired_Guy for Christmas. It told her what her steps & mileage were for the day, her guesstimated calorie burn, her sleep quality (certainly no details, but she told it when she went to sleep and when she woke up, so it was accurately able to say how long she was in bed. Like I say it was fun to track her activities throughout the day.

In addition, the Fit-Bit also flared up her nickel allergy. Seems the little stainless steel clasp on the band is alloyed with nickel. She pretty much broke out all over her arms, face, and a few other places before we figured it out. That wasn't really all that much fun.

But we did love the concept. Now she uses Nike's version.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2014, 08:18 PM)retired_guy Wrote: ...Seems the little stainless steel clasp on the band is alloyed with nickel.

Stainless steel is an alloy of Nickel and Chromium added to steel.
The grade of stainless is based on the percentages of Ni and Cr with 18%/8% being a minimum grade to resist corrosion.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
It's a shame Zeo went belly up. It was at least useful and accurate.

I've been hoping someone else would start offering a brain wave sensor for home use, but I guess there just isn't enough demand.

As far as I'm concerned, these wrist band gadgets are just toys.

A recording pulse oximeter is really the only thing available (other than data capable PAP) that is of any real use.

That's my opinion anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.