Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

URGENT: CALL FROM DME RE: RESMED ST vs RESMED ST-A
Question 
URGENT: CALL FROM DME RE: RESMED ST vs RESMED ST-A
Sleeprider and all, sorry to start a new thread on this.  But this is only to discuss difference between the two machines and do I need to call the dr now?

When I left the drs office the other day I specifically told them I needed the ST-A.  I told them so many times that I was saying it as I was walking out their door.  I just got a call from the DME to come pick-up my new machine.  I asked if it was the ST-A.  Turns out it is the ST.  Says that is what the doctor wrote prescription for and they do not have ST-A anyway.

What should I do?  I have to go this morning because I have to be at work by 3:00PM.

Thank you!

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: URGENT: CALL FROM DME RE: RESMED ST vs RESMED ST-A
From what I can find is the "ST-A" model features iVAPS (intelligent Volume-Assured Pressure Support), ResMed’s proprietary mode that automatically adapts to each patient’s changing needs, and an intelligent Backup Rate (iBR)* that maximizes their opportunity to breathe spontaneously. The standard "ST" model doesn't.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Crimson Nate.  It was suggested by Sleeprider that I should have the ST-A and this is what I asked for.  I guess at this point I just need to know if I should bother with the hassle of going over to the DME and try this one for my situation?  Would having the ST instead of the regular BIPAP be a waste of time?

Respectfully,
Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
True. The only recourse is to call the doctor's office and let them know that the DME did not apparently get the correct prescription. Let them know only the ST-A has adaptive pressure support to meet your changing needs. You should request the prescription be corrected, and that they send a copy to you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks  Sleeprider!!!

Well this is a lesson in how things get messed up.  I finally got hold of the drs. office.  The prescription WAS written for the ST-A.  It was faxed to the DME.  Supposedly the "A" might have been cut off in the fax, or the DME doesn't know what they are doing.  Let me pick one.

So hold on to your hats friends, I'll report back in my regular thread.   Rolleyes

My take-a-way:  Be your own best advocate in your medical treatment and trust no-one.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 358 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 3,006 4 hours ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,719 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Transitioning from ResMed to Lowenstein Prisma 20A SakimaStorm 2 92 Yesterday, 02:38 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 89 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Impact of Resmed P10 on Nostrils ivan007 1 73 03-26-2024, 10:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 181 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.