Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

URGENT HELP : ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto Setting vs.
RE: URGENT HELP : ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto Setting vs.
(08-21-2017, 03:34 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Nice description but it is important to note, as Sleeprider did, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it*. Many people using the VPAP Auto in either VAuto mode or S mode do just fine with the factory settings for trigger, cycle, Ti min, and Ti max.

OP is having problems and Ti min/max are settings different from the CPAP/APAP.  So I am going to go down this road with the OP because that is the only thing that makes sense.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2017, 02:17 PM)BlueJay22 Wrote: Hi Heov,  

Is There any way to get the autoBipap machine to act like my auto CPAP?

On my ResMed Airsense 10, I had my respiration decreased by -3 , and the Bipap is increasing it even when I have the PS set to 0, may explain why I have higher AHI and I wake up more frequently.

Thanks in advance for your help

First, yes, did you try the settings suggested in post #2?

What are you saying Bipap is increasing respiration?

If you PS is 0, then your EPAP and IPAP will be the same values.  But if  you are in VAuto then the pressure will still adjust between the range.  I suggest you follow post#2.

You want PS of 3 to mimic EPR 3.

Make sure you at in VAuto too.  settings like "rise time" will not mimic the autoset.

Also, if the autoset worked perfectly there is some benefit to having the autoset.. particularly if your pressures are low.  For example, if your typical pressure is 6m and you like EPR3 (which is a 4/6 setting), you cannot do that with the airsense.  You have to pick 4/6 or 4/7.  But the trigger/cycle tweaks and timin/timax and the leak detection are great features.  I could never use an airsense after this.. If you want make updated changes and post here
Post Reply Post Reply
heov,

When you say, "Make sure you are at in VAuto too. settings like "rise time" will not mimic the autoset." are you saying that if the OP is in S mode settings like rise time will not mimic the autoset. I would agree with that. I would add that settings like trigger, cycle, ti min, ti max which are available in both S mode and VAuto do not mimic autoset either.

OP is having problems with AHI and the primary affects on AHI are pressure. We are talking about a difference in AHI of 0.6. This difference is really not very significant. One will often get a bump in AHI when one makes a change. Especially so when it is a totally different machine.

The time when one should look at the trigger, cycle, Ti min, and Ti max settings is when the person is having sync problems and the % spontaneous cycled breaths is less than 95% or the person must shut the machine down and restart numerous times in order to maintain the sync. If the latter is the problem, it might be settings or the machine might be toast.

Setting the machine as Sleeprider suggested and using it that way for 5 days or so would be a good idea or maybe setting it as suggested except the max IPAP at 18 would exactly mimic the settings on the autoset, but if the pressure never got close to 18 on the autoset it really should not matter.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 301 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 155 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 859 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 564 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,512 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 466 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.