Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Omg crazy nose itch?
Omg crazy nose itch?
Last two nites, last nite the worse.... middle of the nite wanted to rip mask off to itch nose!?!?! 
I'd lift it. Scratch...replace... repeat. Drove me nuts!! 
Felt like there was a hair on my nose. Wth could this be?? 
Anyone else get this?  Definitely isn't there when I put on, but 4hr later or so... 
nothing should be getting in?? Unless a cat hair is lol
Phats
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Omg crazy nose itch?
Try putting a bandaid on that spot. Or maybe youare allergic to silicone.
Post Reply Post Reply
I get that sometimes, too! And my masks don't even go over my nose.

Instead of scratching it, try just touching it. Or tap it with your finger nail.

I try to tell myself to ignore it, and go back to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah. And to clarify. It isn't where it seals. Nothing is touching it. Lol
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe its thie hair in you nose being moved by the air flow. I have to keep mine cut orvit tickles.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Phatkid77,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It might be that you need to trim the hairs in your nose, that can cause itching.
Hang in there for more responses to your post, good luck to you with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Can't guarantee this will work 100% but I very lightly coat the inside of my nostrils, just the starting inside nostril edges, not the whole inside nose areas..
Post Reply Post Reply
The same thing happens to me! I was told the nasal pillows I was using were too big (small->xs). I also get a really dry sore nose. I have to use saline solution in the morning just to be able to breathe. If you found something that helps, let me know!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,807 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 193 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 150 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,970 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? sweetbobby 14 449 03-08-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: sweetbobby
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 170 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 645 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.