Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bad sleep numbers the last week? What is wrong.
Bad sleep numbers the last week? What is wrong.
My numbers have been horrible the last week.. anywhere from 8-16.. can not put my finger on it...

Here is a example of the last 2 nights

Thanks

https://imgur.com/T9RB6iD
https://imgur.com/tWesmuy
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bad sleep numbers the last week? What is wrong.
I had to review your history, so it took a while to answer.

This looks like a positional issue, same as you had before.  (Previous thread)
Are you using a cervical collar (loose fitting) to prevent your chin from tucking?  Trying any other methods?

Other than the clusters indicating a positional issue (very good probability it is chin tucking) your chart looks very good.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like a positional issue. You may be tucking your chin in towards your chest while sleeping. Some people use a soft cervical collar to prevent the chin from dropping down and cutting off the airway while they sleep. Others use different types of pillows that do the same thing. I think if you try a collar you'll see the clusters of events disappear.

Edit: Fred beat me to it. But I totally agree.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank both of you very much, I know I had posted a while back same thing, but everything went back to normal for a good while so I didnt consider the collar..
I was starting to worry this time cause numbers were not coming down.  I know the norm should be 5 or less. .. but are my numbers really really bad? just make me tired? When i was diagnosed I was at like 94.   Also I know my mask is getting old. Still looking for a good place to order a new cushion. I did order a new velcro head piece.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's get this snoring under control, (clusters that you see are solid pointers to a positional issue), feel free to post again and tell us what you did.  The cervical collar instead of a chin strap concept was started by a user such as yourself trying to come up with a solution.  It frequently works which is why we suggest it so often and generally is much more comfortable than a chin strap.

As I said, without your clusters, your charts look very good.  At this stage you should state how you feel.  Are your nights without interruption, does the pressure seem to wake you at odd hours.?  Anything that impacts your wakefulness or amount of sleep is important.  My AHI was in the 90s too, I know it can take a while to feel better.  I actually dream now, originally I didn't get enough sleep to dream.

So Always post in the same thread (that will maintain a history) and always always  post how you feel, This is, in the end, more important than your numbers.
Also you can now attach files vs providing a link, thus ensuring that your images (CPAP related) are always associated with your posts.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 107 Yesterday, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 3 173 Yesterday, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  I Think Im Doing This All Wrong DudleyDoRight 9 222 04-22-2024, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 13 465 04-19-2024, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  First post - First week of CPAP R1c4ard06 3 124 04-16-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: R1c4ard06
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 217 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  Do I need to tweak my numbers dharris01 6 237 04-15-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dharris01

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.