Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

US Resmed modem to EU modem?
US Resmed modem to EU modem?
One question related to this módem thing. How can you make the módem of an Aircurve work and transmit data vía WiFi in a country Different from the US? For example, Spain.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10
The European machines have a different modem/gsm chip. With coverage for europe
Post Reply Post Reply
Nito, the modem in the Resmed machines is a cellular modem, not WiFi. I believe it is set up at the factory to connect via a particular phone company to a particular recipient - I think it's Resmed in the country of sale. As far as I know, it can't be re-programmed for a different country.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2018, 02:16 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: The European machines have a different modem/gsm chip. With coverage for europe

Which módem/gsm chip is that , Jaswilliams?
Where can I get it? I bought an Aircurve from a US supplier but its data transmission doesnt work here in Europe. Thanks a lot in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2018, 02:36 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Nito, the modem in the Resmed machines is a cellular modem, not WiFi. I believe it is set up at the factory to connect via a particular phone company to a particular recipient - I think it's Resmed in the country of sale. As far as I know, it can't be re-programmed for a different country.
Really, pholynyk?
Post Reply Post Reply
I could be very wrong, but I'm not sure if this cellular chip is available to the consumer or user switchable.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
According to the FCC in the US Resmed is using a Telit CE910-DUAL CDMA module.

https://fccid.io/2ACHL-AIR10CD/External-...le-2328349

There must be a European equivalent to the FCC that Resmed would have to get approval from to operate a module like this there. Maybe they would have a website with the modem that is used listed like the FCC?
Post Reply Post Reply
After doing some research I came across the European Telit website and I found out there are several models that could be equivalent:

https://www.telit.com/m2m-iot-products/i...atory=3447

I think that probably the UE910-EU module could do the job but I would really appreciate it if someone in Europe owning a Resmed Aircurve VAuto could confirm that. Thanks a lot in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: US Resmed modem to EU modem?
Nito, could I ask why you want to transmit the data, and to whom? In countries where the MyAir and AirView service are supported, you can only connect if you have an account coded into the chip on your machine. Resmed are quite clear that they won't support machines not sold through their specific country distributor. So you might end up with a technically functioning modem but still not be able to connect.

The MyAir system is pretty rudimentary and doesn't give you half the data you can see with #SleepyHead. The more sophisticated AirView is limited to health professionals and is not for sale to end users.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2018, 02:39 PM)Nito Wrote:
(03-19-2018, 02:16 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: The European machines have a different modem/gsm chip. With coverage for europe

Which módem/gsm chip is that , Jaswilliams?
Where can I get it? I bought an Aircurve from a US supplier but its data transmission doesnt work here in Europe. Thanks a lot in advance.

No idea good luck in your search
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,619 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,798 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  Does my ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto have a modem? Morseman 4 264 02-05-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 modem/provider mystery richapple 4 567 12-22-2023, 09:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  de-activate modem dreamstation2 advanced The Rog 0 356 10-18-2023, 12:45 AM
Last Post: The Rog
  Airsense 10 with modem safe from suppliers? HappySailor 3 767 07-02-2023, 12:54 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  Airsense11 - No modem? wils98 11 2,058 02-10-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.