Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

USB Download from Contec Oximeter to Mac
Rainbow 
USB Download from Contec Oximeter to Mac
Hi!

I don't own a CPAP (yet), just a recording pulse oximeter (Contec CMS50D+).

I don't own a PC.  I have an iMac, running OSX 10.10.5 (Yosemite).  

I bought the pulse ox based on the fact that Sleepyhead software was supposed to be compatible with both my oximeter and my operating system.

This was the sequence of events:

I downloaded SiLabsUSBDriverDisk (v. 4) and installed it.
I downloaded Sleepyhead (no version; says created by Qt/QMake) and installed it.

After recording all night long (in record mode), I plugged my oximeter into my iMac using the cable provided, still in recording mode.

I opened Sleepyhead, clicked on Oximetry Wizard and clicked Start.

In the Oximeter Type pulldown menu, I selected CMS50D+.

Then I clicked "Import Directly from Recording on Device" and it said this:

Scanning for compatible oximeters
     Connecting to  Oximeter
     You need to tell your oximeter to begin sending data to the computer.
     Please connect your oximeter, enter it's menu and select upload to commence data transfer...

There is nowhere in the menu of the oximeter to "select upload".  After a while, I got this error message:

Could not get data transmission from oximeter.
     Please ensure you select 'upload' from the oximeter devices menu.

Based on something I read on the internet, I made Sleepyhead Read only access for myself and everyone else, and locked it.
After repeating the above process, there was no difference, same error message.

Then I turned off the recording mode and repeated all of the above.  No difference, Same error message.

Then I reset Sleepyhead to the orginal "unlocked" and Read/Write for me, Read Only for others.  No difference, same error message.

The menu on the oximeter is very simple.  There is no way that I could miss the setting "upload" on it.  There is no such setting.

Anybody have a solution to this?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: USB Download from Contec Oximeter to Mac
Hi JazG! - Welcome

The 50D+ is a unique animal in the oximeter family and requires you to pat your head and rub your tummy to get it to connect.  Several users of this device have reported difficulties in the past.  Here are a couple of links. I hope they may shed some light on your problem. I used the search term, "cms-50d+" and went down the list.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ht=cms-50d+

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ht=cms-50d+

Good Luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
See if this thread might be helpful:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid189732

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I solved this today after trying everything. All you have to do is select "CM550F[...]" in the drop-down in SleepyHead. It works great.

(This is presuming you have already followed the instructions for installing the driver, etc...)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 118 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 146 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,301 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 121 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 574 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 204 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar 1.5.1 - where to download cc0bc973 stanley61 4 182 02-26-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: stanley61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.