Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

USING RESMED FOR 12 DAYS - NEED HELP MAKING ADJUSTMENTS!
USING RESMED FOR 12 DAYS - NEED HELP MAKING ADJUSTMENTS!
I got my machine 12 days ago, of which I'm using it every night. First 2 nights were pretty rough, but now I'm averaging 8 hours of usage.
Definitely feeling 10x better, no daytime fatigue, fog, etc.

Oscar says that I average 2.05 AHI nightly with an average pressue of 7.78 and min/max pressure of 4 and 12.5 (I'm currently on Auto with min pressure of 6 to 18). 95% of my pressure is in the low 10s.

For a note - I have SEVERE OSA as my AHI was over 95.

Any advice on adjustments I should make? I was reading that I should try to get less than 1 AHI a night on the machine! Thanks!

SORRY - I cant upload pictures as I am a new member.

IMGUR for both below:

https://imgur.com/a/Ctn0LjL

[Image: 1N0ulo8.png]

[Image: FuHXXTX.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: USING RESMED FOR 12 DAYS - NEED HELP MAKING ADJUSTMENTS!
You seem to be doing great on your new therapy with the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset For her. I fixed your link from Imgur, but you can use the file attachment feature. Organize your Oscar Charts and Attaching Files are both in my signature links. Your therapy will improve if you increase the minimum pressure to 7.0 . You can leave EPR at 3 and maximum pressure at 13.0. We will eventually want to increase the minimum pressure a bit to make your pressure changes less disruptive to sleep. If you include the left column, we can see the respiratory statistics and settings which will help us guide you to more comfortable, effective settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are missing the right panel that gives a lot of missing info. If you use the F12 button Oscar is set up for that screenshot. Without the missing info, you still have some events that should be helped with an increase in pressure. I would try 

Min 8
EPR 3
Leave others where they are. (You may be at EPR 3 already but I can’t see it)
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Not to confuse you, but Stacey was asking for the Statistical Data on the left side of the Daily screen. "His other right...." Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry must have been looking in the mirror  Laugh-a-lot
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all so much! 

Just attached the screenshot - looks like I should increase the MIN pressure and set EPR to 3 (which it is).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
With the left column now in place, we can see the median pressure was 7.7, so my original guess of setting minimum pressure to 7.0 was pretty close, but I could see it going to 8.0. The objective is to get the minimum pressure high enough that your total pressure fluctuation through the night is less than 3-cm. This is less disruptive to sleep and it's pretty easy to tolerate. Your results look very good for starting out, and there is nothing difficult going on, just obstructive apnea and minor flow limitation.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for the response! I'll definitely ramp it up to 8 slowly. Here's to better sleep!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 6 506 10 hours ago
Last Post: phillyfan24
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,837 11 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 595 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 836 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
Gross Need help interpreting data and making adjustments tiredandexpired 13 589 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Help Interpreting OSCAR data and making adjustments Catbois 1 173 03-01-2024, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.