Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Unable settle ongoing AHI Variation low - high
RE: Unable settle ongoing AHI Variation low - high
Hello Iceman,

I want you do me a favor. Set your machine pressure to min 8 and max 12. Turn flex off if it is on. Try to get 8 hours of sleep for the next 3 nights without adjusting pressure.

Doing this will take the changes that you make out of the equation, and will hopefully allow a pattern in your sleep to come to light. I can't make heads or tails of what is going on when the charts are in a different range each night. This is also helpful to you because it is next to impossible for you to get acclimated to any pressure when its never the same from night to night. It may take you as long as a week at one set of pressure to get close to stabilized sleep. Also want you to make a solid plan of going to bed at a certain time and going after 8 hours of sleep. You already do fairly well at getting time on the machine and i want to make sure you stick with the regular timing.

Thanks Iceman,
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jess & Members , [attachment=6723] Last night pretty good night, will give go 8-12 pressure for the 3 days, but early Sunday morning will be going Camping for close to week with my adult son,  expecting likely while gone. I have tried similar previously without pattern for long, hm do wonder guessing iif stubborn Position Apnea's, that may need pressure to Max ?  Noting Sleep study diagnosed mild/moderate  AHI 5.6 and is me bit scare to chase the higher end pressures for little or no result chasing the 0.00  AHI ?  If could at start at least achieve to a consistently low AHI would be Nice.

I seen some of the good work achieved of others who have posted started of with  AHI 30/50 and more higher and with help from board members have seen them posting 0.00 Smile

I already have referral from doctor a while ago, a at my request for New Sleep Study and will go for in Hospital Sleep Study, Hoping this may  clarify Clearways / Central and identify Apnea Supine or Non-Supine ? and or if will high light affecting by and if require if treated different with my Paroxysmal Arrhythmia = AFib & Flutter although do have little if any symptoms.

What do you think Jesse and or anyone else reading opinion suggestion. Original sleep study posted back 1st original post of this thread

Cheers
Iceman
Post Reply Post Reply
That chart looks pretty good. No abundance of apnea of any one type. CA is spread out. Your OA is low at max pressure of 11. You had a period of leaking that looks like it woke you up, so keeping leaks under control is important. You logged a solid 7.5 hours. Not bad sir!

It's good to know you are getting another sleep study, which tells me you are being active with your healthcare along with the doctors. Maybe time for a machine upgrade? Post your new sleep study when you get it if you dont mind for the nosey people (me).

I'm a little jealous about the camping trip. I would love to hit the trail for more than a weekender. My backpack is collecting dust.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jesse,    Why "Maybe time for a machine upgrade" Not responsive  or wrong type or old machine "

I see all the Snore's are at the not over minimum 9.5 except the last snore 10.5 and the CA at 9.5 and only 1 at 10.5 and the OA & H are nearly all at Min 9.5 pressure maybe 2 at 10.5
[attachment=6739]

Thanks for the assistance p
Iceman
Post Reply Post Reply
Iceman,

There is nothing wrong with your machine that I can tell. In fact, I have the same machine and it works wonderfully. I'm not sure what Australia's health care system does for machine replacement schedules, and if it's close to the US replacement schedule (5 years), you may be close to getting a new machine. If not worried about it, carry on mate Smile
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Jesse, Yous show  Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto I thought they are different Machines or brands at least, thought read in past in some post re Respironics and may be specific to Dreamwear to slowly respond and that also would then refer to my  model Respironics system one 560 as thinking wouldn't ? be much difference to the Dreamwear rebranded flasher name to sell more ?

Ice
Post Reply Post Reply
The snores your seeing are VS2 events which can be false reports. The fact that you don't have any VS snore events tells me that you can disregard the snore reports. I'd just shut off the event flag for VS2.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Iceman,

I use the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto every night at home. I travel with my 560 auto. 2 different machines but I like them both. I like my 560 auto better than the Dreamstation, only because I like the way it looks. Otherwise, the Dreamstation and 560 auto feel identical to me.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Jesse,  Ok Jesse I been wondering why all the V2 and part pushes influences to raise Pressure to clear, so yes good will dismiss the report from chart, so out sight, out mind hm. I have noted your machine as same and perceived it popular machines as in previous have been prompted experienced  members, Monitors / Administrators Monitors have often show as having Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto and I have thought was different machine to mine and presume  more popular and was more quicker response machine but does that depend or what action trying to do ?
Yeah just seen last reply as writing and do  Like  my system but don't the change just for the sake but if improve feature for and better response and health condition always makes sense.  Thanks for your advice do appreciate it .

Off thread do not that my humidifier in Sleepyhead does not show as No heater Tubing hose but is in working and does heat and why 1 to travel what that about ? or is old spare

Cheers
Ice
Post Reply Post Reply
It is a spare that i bought. I dont like to travel with the machine i really count on at home. I figure if a machine is going to get broken, it's going to happen moving it around of course, and with the packing and unpacking and setups, just don't want to risk going without a machine. I sleep little while traveling on 3 or 4 day trips, but i still need the therapy. Every bit helps.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 128 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 703 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 823 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 108 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 119 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,433 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 214 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.