Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Unable to get answer from Apria re: new AirSense 10 Autoset
Unable to get answer from Apria re: new AirSense 10 Autoset
Hello.  New to this site and have just started trying pap again after 7 yr hiatus.

My new machine is supposed to turn off automatically after removing mask.  All Apria can tell me is that it will turn off after 20 minutes after removing mask.  It does not.  If it turns off at all, it is closer to an hour.  My husband is complaining about the noise of the air passing through the mask and the water is dissipating faster than it probably should.

Anyone have any info on how to get this machine to turn off automatically within time that it is supposed to do so?
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Unable to get answer from Apria re: new AirSense 10 Autoset
There is an option called SmartStart that can enabled. It usually works with most masks to start therapy but doesn’t always turn off automatically. So, you still may have to turn the machine off yourself when stopping therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you referring to the cooling flow (a small snowflake will appear on screen) that continues after you hit the "Off" button on top? If so there is no control for that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm.  I guess I’ll just have to have a little more patience and try to get an answer from Apria’s local office tomorrow.

Thanks!

Don’t think so.  I noticed the snowflake.  But it’s the actual air flowing through the mask that is annoying my husband.

I’ll go to Aria tomorrow and see if they can try to shed some light.

Thanks!
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
The SmartStart has issues with pillow masks, thus I don't use it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smartstart does work with nasal pillow masks that flow enough air to trigger the machine. It not only turns the machine off, but it also turns it on when you just put on the mask. If you have Smartstart on, the machine will start when you put on the mask...does that happen? If not, the option is off and you will have to control the machine using the power button or change the setting.

Plmnb, you mentioned you were concerned about using a Philips mask with your Resmed machine, and of course that is not a problem. Now your husband complaining about the noise of air venting from the mask, THAT is worth listening to. Ask Apria to try the Resmed Airfit P10 nasal pillows mask. It is the quietest, lightest and least disruptive mask on the market. The hose does not connect over your head, and you will no longer have air venting there, and won't hear the air rushing in the tubes to the nasal pillow. I have used Resmed nasal pillow masks since 2008 and never looked back. They are very comfortable and quiet. Another suggestion is to buy a fleece hose cover. You can get them on Amazon for $14 to $20, and they will quiet the tubing and make it much more comfortable when it contacts your skin. It is a really nice way to be more comfortable and make your therapy not look so medicinal.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Plmnb,
I don’t use a ResMed, but this excerpt is from the Clinicians Manual:

Therapy has stopped, but the device is still blowing air:
Device is cooling down.
Device blows a small amount of air in order to avoid condensation in the air tubing. It will stop automatically after 20 minutes.

I personally would find that annoying to have my machine run for 20 minutes after removing mask.
I understand the concept, but 20 minutes???  

Can a ResMed user please confirm that if you turn “Smart Start” off, then the machine would not continue running.  You would then have to turn the machine off and on manually.  

https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great info, thank you very much.

The noise that is bothering my husband only happens after I take the mask off and we are waiting for the machine to stop.

Of course I can always just manually hit the stop button and that would fix the issue.  The question I have about doing so though is if I do this will it cause an issue with the data reporting functions?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2019, 09:40 AM)Plmnb Wrote: Great info, thank you very much.

The noise that is bothering my husband only happens after I take the mask off and we are waiting for the machine to stop.

Of course I can always just manually hit the stop button and that would fix the issue.  The question I have about doing so though is if I do this will it cause an issue with the data reporting functions?

No, turning the machine off manually has nothing to do with data reporting.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is a bit of the issue.  Supposedly my machine has the feature enabled but 99 percent of the time it does not shut off for way over 20 minutes.  And you are right, even 20 minutes of that noise is annoying.  So I guess what I really need to know at this point is, if I manually turn the machine off, will the data transmit to any program I would be using?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 418 4 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 111 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,972 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 617 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 823 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.