Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Unable to get answer from Apria re: new AirSense 10 Autoset
RE: Unable to get answer from Apria re: new AirSense 10 Autoset
(12-09-2019, 08:19 PM)Plmnb Wrote: Visited Apria today and met with RT.  Seems it will be best to keep the SmartStart feature off and use the manual start/stop.

I did remember from having my first machine a million years ago that there was a clinician’s menu.  I looked up how to access it and was then able to do so.

Regards,
P

You've gone rogue! Join the club. Smile
Dave Sparky DukeNukem

I'm not a doctor in real or fictional life. My posts include opinions based upon user experience and researched info regarding CPAP therapy and should not be considered medically professional directions or advice.

Wiki Info for Beginners
OSCAR Chart Organization
Mask Primer
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Unable to get answer from Apria re: new AirSense 10 Autoset
(12-09-2019, 08:19 PM)Plmnb Wrote: Visited Apria today and met with RT.  Seems it will be best to keep the SmartStart feature off and use the manual start/stop.

I did remember from having my first machine a million years ago that there was a clinician’s menu.  I looked up how to access it and was then able to do so.

Regards,
P

Perfectly reasonable decision if that works for you.  You now know you can change your mind in the future if you want to.

For me... I have no bed partner to worry about.  I like the idea that I can rip the mask off in desperation and fall back to sleep 2 seconds later if I need to.
No fumbling around looking for the off switch to stop the 20 minute overrun that you've been experiencing. 
I have my my machine in a slightly inconvenient hard to reach position above my head to keep the hose free when I toss around at night.
If I had to find the off switch I'd be up on my knees and fully awake... that would make it harder for me to get back to sleep. 

It's just a personal preference at the end of the day.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UARS/FL (PLMS): Yellow/R Lights For So Many Lingering Folks_“Is Bilevel the Answer?" mper6794 103 2,499 12 minutes ago
Last Post: mper6794
  [Equipment] Question on Clinician Setting for Resmed Airsense Autoset jgunders 5 195 12-03-2019, 08:13 PM
Last Post: jgunders
  Lingering fatigue: NHS unable to help gouravverma 25 1,112 11-30-2019, 08:30 AM
Last Post: mper6794
  Permanently Disable ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet Cellular? dreamstream 13 2,029 11-27-2019, 10:13 PM
Last Post: jakeconnor
  [Pressure] Low AHI but Airsense 10 Autoset's 95% pressure is the max every night? peppyaf 13 440 11-16-2019, 05:43 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  AirSense 10 AutoSet Response Setting? encourage 16 673 11-08-2019, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Sandyelle
  New user - Settings for Resmed AirSense 10 AutoSet edtan 9 522 11-05-2019, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.