Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

MyAir
Question 
MyAir
I fired up my new Autoset 10 VAuto machine 3 days ago.  Since I have made my own adjustments on my S9 for the last 5 years, I continued the practice on my new machine.  However, this machine is linked to my DME provider through MyAir by serial number and device number and an interesting thing happened last night.

I adjusted the PS pressure around 9pm, moved the data to my PC via SD card, and burnt a new SD card in the new machine.  This process required the erasing of data in the machine which was ok since I only had a couple of days use (I still have to keep compliance data). This morning I received an email from MyAir that said in part "The serial number of the machine you had on file with myAir previously had a relationship with a provider. That provider has removed this machine from your account so it has also been removed from your myAir account".  

Hmmmm.... So I went to MyAir and reregistered my machine everything is fine.  The email was sent at 10:18PM...   Sooooo ... is "Big Brother"  MyAir watching all time?  Did my changing settings on my machine precipitate an auto-reaction from my provider to drop my machine? 

One more question... Is the light sensor on the front of the machine also a camera??????

PS... I'm not paranoid, I just think everyone is out to get me... Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: MyAir
(10-15-2017, 08:58 AM)SnorGun Wrote:  

One more question... Is the light sensor on the front of the machine also a camera??????

PS... I'm not paranoid, I just think everyone is out to get me... Wink

Hahaha. I'm almost 100% sure there is no camera included with these machines. 

If there is, I'm gonna dance naked in front of it a few times. I'm sure that would have them turn it off from then on.  Dielaughing
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
Part of your post is confusing. Formatting or erasing the SD card does not affect data on the machine unless you also go into the menu on your Aircurve 10 Vauto and erase the user data. I have no idea why anything you do with the SD card would create an event on MyAir.

Interesting anyway. Many put the machine into Airplane Mode to prevent data transmission. If getting out of MyAir is as simple as deleting the user data, that's an interesting finding.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2017, 09:41 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I have no idea why anything you do with the SD card would create an event on MyAir.

It could be that the serial number stored on the old card is different from the one on the new card. When myAir saw the new card it flagged it as no longer being associated with the DME because when the DME registered the machine it had the old card in it. Something like that, anyway, it certainly within the realm of possibility.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SnorGun,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2017, 10:52 AM)Sleepster Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 09:41 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I have no idea why anything you do with the SD card would create an event on MyAir.

It could be that the serial number stored on the old card is different from the one on the new card. When myAir saw the new card it flagged it as no longer being associated with the DME because when the DME registered the machine it had the old card in it. Something like that, anyway, it certainly within the realm of possibility.

Good one Sleepster.  I have never formatted my Resmed card in the last couple years, so this was a new on for me.  I guess when I say "I have no idea", I'm being literal.    Coffee
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Your assumption is correct.  Getting out of MyAir can be as simple as replacing the SD with an "unregistered" data card.  MyAir was already setup by the DME before I picked up my machine.  Therefore, the DME was the "user". It follows that when I became the user, it invalidated the DME registration of my machine. I guess that all makes sense.

I have an appointment with the DME rep today.  I'll let you know how upset she is when she finds out I took over "her" machine.  My guess is that I will get my hand slapped and she will retake control... No matter, I can still read the data in ResScan and, since the VAuto functionality is really good, I don't think I will need to retake control myself... at least until the machine is mine...

Thanks all for your input...
Post Reply Post Reply
I switch between two different cards and have not had any difficulties using MyAir, so I think it may just be a coincidence that the DME deleted your machine at the same time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
There is no camera built-in, but if you really want to make sure, you can use your Android smartphone (if you have one) and a simple free app to check whether there is some hidden camera radiation signature emanating from it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MyAir App / OSCAR - looking for thoughts - Help! DaveHirschler 5 37 3 hours ago
Last Post: DaveHirschler
  Myair data accurate? dbinTO 2 240 03-11-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 198 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  MyAir: What does score_detail_score_components_usage_score mean? tottbjorn 2 681 06-06-2023, 08:36 AM
Last Post: tottbjorn
  MyAir App? Quarky68 1 974 06-07-2022, 07:17 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  MyAir Recording Mask Off Events a.paul 2 986 05-15-2022, 09:57 AM
Last Post: a.paul
  MyAir - download .cs . to creat spreadsheet. Expat31 11 2,126 02-13-2022, 01:10 PM
Last Post: SleepyCPAP

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.