Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Unable to sleep more than 5 hours
Unable to sleep more than 5 hours
hiya!

I'm a new CPAP user. I'm a 36/F, BMI of 19, with a diagnosis of mild obstructive sleep apnea (RDI 18.5/hr). The sleep center where I got my study done only did dental devices since the waiting period for a CPAP was about 12 weeks, so out of desperation (my quality of life was so bad: anxiety & panic attacks, brain fog, headaches, vertigo/dizziness) that I managed to get my hands on a Resmed Airsense 11. Unfortunately, I didn't get a pressure prescription and the clinic won't manage CPAP devices so I've been left on my own and am doing a lot of trial and error. My AHI is under 1 most nights, which I assume is good although subjectively, I do not feel like I'm getting a break from the world with all the 

I'm definitely feeling better after nearly a month of consistent usage (still lacking in mental clarity and the vertigo/dizziness is there though not as pronounced) but I'm unable to sleep through the night still. I've uploaded a few of my sessions to OSCAR and was trying to see if perhaps I needed to adjust some pressure settings. I turned EPR on because I found I had trouble exhaling against the pressure.

For this chart, I woke up around 23:00, and again around 1:30, again at 3:30, and probably around 6.

In this one, I woke up around 23:00, again around 2, again around 3:30 (stayed awake until 4:45 or so), and then woke again at 6:30

I'm wondering if I need to increase the minimum pressure... or change the range. I figured my obstructive events were the primary cause of my arousals but it seems like I might also be waking up due to the changes in pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 104 10 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 3 155 Yesterday, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel biboombap 11 245 04-19-2024, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Airsense 10 run hours??? eok361 5 161 04-18-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 1,013 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 230 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 407 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.