Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Unable to switch on my CPAP machine
Unable to switch on my CPAP machine
Hi all,

My Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset is not able to be power ON even I had ensure the plug is properly inserted into the power inlet of the machine. The ON/OFF button keep flashing power ON green light whenever I adjust the plug attached to the power inlet. Still, the power of the machine is not ON at the end though the adapter's light is on.

Did anyone face such issue before on this device? Kindly provide advice to resolve this issue.

Not sure if it is the adapter or the plug issue? Or is the machine itself? 

My machine is still under warranty. So, not sure if can get replacement of the adapter or the machine for such issue?

Appreciate your help on the above matter. Thank you

Regards

Steven Chia
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Unable to switch on my CPAP machine
One of the most common power problems is the AC adapter. The DME can easily check and replace if needed. Be sure outlet is in good condition. I have used crappy hotel outlets that failed to power the machine. I own a spare AC adapter just in case.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may have already done this but it doesn't hurt to try. With the adapter plugged into the CPAP, unplug the adapter from the wall and wait a minute or two then plug it back into the wall. (a hard reset).
Post Reply Post Reply
I am having the same problem.  Any resolution to this?  DME wants $300 to send it back to ResMed.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know the solution, but paying $300 to the DME for ResMed to fix it sounds like a bad idea.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
$300 seems high after finding several used Autoset and Autoset for Her for $285 to $325. I even found Autoset for Her for $125 each but you have to buy a minimum of 5 units.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a similar when I didn’t have the humidifier reservoir pushed in all the way…
Glen in Ft Lauderdale

Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure who your insurer is, but chceck to see if they have to cover the warranty on the machine after the manufacturer's warranty runs out. I have had several DMEs tell me, as well as first had knowledge, that Medicare requires the DME to cover replacement of the machine up to 5 years.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Amazon sells many power supplies that would work for your ResMed. They vary in price from $21 to about $40 US. I'm sure you can find one. At least in the US, the power supplies are not prescription items, so they are readily available from multiple suppliers. Even at a $40 US ($55 Singapore) price, that's relatively inexpensive.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 87 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 305 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 624 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 199 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 823 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,730 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,861 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.