Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Unbelievable
Unbelievable
My 80 yr old dad is a fellow hose head. He isnt as engaged in his therapy as i am but now that i have set out on this journey i decided to decipher his info. He has a F&P Icon APAP but this is set at CPAP of 14. Having downloaded the clinicians manual i had a go at interpreting his info. However,even when in the clinicians menu i couldnt get much of the usual info and especially his AHI numbers. In the clinicians menu i am presented with 2 less screens than i have seen examples of and i suspect that the provider has a means to exclude these, even from clinician views. Anyway dad told me he was due to visit the clinic the next day. I should explain that in the UK many NHS patients do not have a DME and instead manage the devices directly from the clinic. I gave him a few questions to ask at the clinic and these are the answers he got - unbelievable!!!!!

Questions.

Why is my machine set at CPAP instead of APAP with a range of 13-20 - answer when we tested you 12 months ago you responded well to a pressure of 14 and your AHI was around 1 so no need to change this.
Why cant i see my AHI figures? answer this is not important and they didnt download any data to tell him what is averages etc were neither did they give him access to the screens to see nightly AHI
Why was my compliance figures reading as 0% - answer the machine resets itself thereby giving this figure, sounds dodgy to me

Are the questions i posed in anyway unreasonable or is an assumption that i have now made that they havent got a clue accurate?

Johnboy
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Unbelievable
You may need to advocate for your Dad.  It's like keeping your blood sugar a secret. How does that help the patient IN ANY WAY?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Unbelievable
JB, have you tried changing the machine mode to Auto?  The CPAP versions of the F&P don't give efficacy data, and it may be disabled in CPAP mode on the Auto...I dunno Dont-know

There is a good video guide here. https://vimeo.com/20560260 Note that at 06:30 of that video, it shows changing the menu type.  You want to be sure the machine is on Type 2 for full data, rather than Type 1 for limited data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.