Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need advice on buying
Need advice on buying
I would appreciate some help on buying an Bipap ASV. I am a newbie here.  I currently use a Philips System One Respironics Bipap Auto Bi-flex.  It has the attached humidifier and heated hose.  I don't need a heated tube, but I do need the humidifier.  My situation is this:  I am switching insurance carriers from a low deductible to a high one.  So I am considering buying my own machine.  I have "complex" sleep apnea, so I do need the ASV machine.  I am open to a used machine.  I've been looking on Ebay and other sites.  There are so many types that it makes my eyeballs roll.  In fact, even in the Philips line, there are many different models that look exactly the same.  Can someone recommend a reasonably priced Bipap ASV machine that has a humidifier?  The heated tube is unimportant.  Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need advice on buying
By far, more users have found better treatment efficacy and a more natural, easy breathing rhythm with the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV. There are many threads on the forum from users starting ASV, and their experiences are well documented. An added advantage is that the Resmed is compatible with #Sleepyhead software, while the Dreamstation Auto SV Advanced will only work with EncorePro 2. We're working to change that, but until we do, be advised EncorePro2 is an unwieldy behemoth that installs a huge SQL database on your computer.

The Resmed Pacewave, auto-adjusting EPAP and Easy-Breathe makes the machine easier to adapt to without a lot of manual settings. It matches your own timing, volume and rate instead of using timers, so it feels more natural.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much.  I will take your advice and go through the ASV listings.  I could not find the Resmed Pacewave.  Do you have any feelings about the Resmed s9 Auto?
Post Reply Post Reply
The equivalent adaptive servo ventilator in the S9 series is the S9 VPAP Adapt. It is pretty equal to Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV in most regards. The Pacewave is the european analog to the ASV https://www.resmed.com/epn/en/healthcare...ewave.html https://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/pr...0-asv.html

The S9 auto generally refers to the Autoset model which is an auto-CPAP and has no backup function for central apnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed
S9 VPAP Adapt
Aircurve 10 ASV

The Aircurve 10 ASV is the newer machine, but both are much the same software wise I am led to believe.
There might be slight software tweaks in the 10, but not that you would notice.

I tried the ResMed S9 Auto and the Airsense10 Auto and there was little between them, I went for the Airsense10 just because it was a bit smaller and easier to carry around with me. I did NOT try the S9 Adapt or the Aircurve 10.
I suspect that there is little between the new and old machines software either, just a smaller design.
The big advantage with the ResMed machines is you can use Sleepyhead software to see what is going on with your sleep. I found the Resmed (Normal Auto) a slight bit faster than the Dreamstation I tested, though it was just a normal auto as well. At the end of the day it is your choice and you have to live with your choice.
Personally, I would be tempted to go with ResMed, but again, that is a personal choice and other people like the Philips Respronics machines.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ipepper,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy and also with your machine decision.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 VPAP Adapt is essentially the same machine as the Aircurve 10 ASV, just that the Aircurve is in a more modern (compact) packaging with the humidifier integrated. The Aircurve also has a built in phone so the machine can report your results back to the doc/DME and they can make remote changes to your settings.

The Aircurve 10 ASV also goes under the name CS Pacewave in Australia and parts of Europe.

The older S9 VPAP Adapt is a great machine too. The humidifier easily detaches, leaving a very compact main unit which is good for (eg) use in an aircraft. The VPAP Adapt is also known as the AutoSet CS in some markets. There are two versions of this machine - the older one model number 36007 does NOT have the ASVAuto mode. You need to get hold of the model 36037. Just to complicate things further, the 36037 is called 36047 if it comes packaged with the humidifier and 36057 if it has the humidifier and heated hose.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 250 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,778 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 77 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 786 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.