Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air blowby (leakage)
RE: Air blowby (leakage)
(09-09-2014, 10:39 PM)sleepyCoder Wrote: Thanks for the recommendations on masks.

.... Anyone know any words about these? ...

The thing I have noticed with opinions expressed on masks and machines is the every user has an opinion, and every mask/machine has people who love it and people who despise it...

Pretty well every mask will be perfect for someone and terrible for someone else. The same for machines...

In Australia we have a different industry structure where we have to pay for stuff since insurance doesn't cover CPAP. As a result there is a strong incentive for businesses to look after people - the folk I use were happy to rent various masks to me quite cheaply until I found one that suited - and they took the rental off the price.

I really like the original Fisher and Paykel Pilairo and the new version of it - the Pilairo Q. That said - others much prefer the Wisp or the one you mentioned...

Still others can't get a nasal mask to work for them at all....
I started with a hybrid mask (sort of a mouth mask with nasal pillows on the top. I worked well for me until I got my mouth-breathing under control and found the Pilairo worked a treat. I could not go back now.

Anyhow... stick with it and learn all you can from the folk here.. They were a huge help to me.

Cheers

David

Disclaimer: The 'Advisory Member' title is a Forum thing that I cannot change. I am not a doctor and my comments are purely my opinion or quote my personal experience. Regardless of my experience other readers mileage may vary.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 147 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 304 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Why do I need to get my flow limitation and leakage down? Kathy14225 12 1,474 09-30-2023, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Mask 'Pulsing/Jumping' - Plus leakage issues Jake B 4 3,320 09-21-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: HULK
  Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage jerrydaw 28 7,844 09-20-2023, 06:03 AM
Last Post: car54
  N30i leakage alvaro212 11 1,915 07-23-2023, 04:22 AM
Last Post: BAZZA
Question [Diagnosis] Central Apnea associated with mask leakage? wdfarmer 9 1,987 07-14-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Cam12

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.