Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Alaxo 6" stent and understanding pulse results
RE: Alaxo 6" stent and understanding pulse results
You are only the second member I know to use the 6" stent and I have sheen the shorter nasal stent used a few times.  I think the ability to resolve palatal prolapse is fascinating, and if you read the link above, you will see "SleepyCPAP" eventually was able to treat just with the stent and leave the CPAP behind.  I look forward to seeing your results.  This is pretty classic for PP.  I hope you get a chance to read through the other thread. There are certain challenges to starting to use the stent that can be overcome, and the more you understand that, the easier your own journey may be.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=50983]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider. Before becoming a member I decided to figure out what was wrong with my breathing and I knew it was related to the soft palate closing but I didn't know if this was abnormal or if there was even a name for it. In my research, I read all of SleepyCPAPs posts and threads to learn as much as a could. After studying his breathing patterns I realized that I had the same palatal prolapse issues and a sleep expert on SleepHQ who looked at my chart also confirmed this. I've also watched the Alaxo 6" stent video and have read all the reviews of other users and what to expect at first. They all say "stick with it" so I'm hoping things will go smoothly!

I have a few more images from this week (5/24, 5/25 and 5/26). These show breathing pattern before severe pulse drops. Also, I'll try to post last night's overall statistics to have a as baseline to compare in the future.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a screenshot of the statistics from last night (5/26-5/27) as a future comparison.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DLEWIS,

I finally saw the note you posted asking me to look at this thread.  I hope your 6" AlaxoStent will arrive soon.  My replacement still has not shipped, they said they were waiting for a shipment themselves.  

I don't believe we are the only two who are (will in your case) using this.  Others contacted me privately, but I don't think they made a thread to follow.  

I use my stent alone for naps, but otherwise find the best therapy is with stent and VAuto combined.  Lots of nights of zero AHI, good SpO2 ranges, etc.  I spent time reducing pressure (with Sleep Doctor's permission) on my VAuto, and have not touched the pressures since.  Nice and low (4cm with 3.6 Pressure Support) in auto mode.  I look forward to how your situation proceeds.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Alaxo 6" stent and Week 1 O2 graph (pre-stent)
Thanks SleepyCPAP

Apparently the pre-shipping label for the Alaxo 6" stent has been created but USPS is still waiting to receive it. Since I just got an O2 ring last week, at least it will give me some time to gather pre-stent O2 readings. I'm using the .csv files exported from Wellue (that I sorted by O2 level) to create weekly bar graphs to see how much time I spend at lower O2 levels. The goal will obviously be to eliminate time spent at lower levels and increase the readings at the optimum O2 levels. Sleeprider also said it will be interesting to compare levels before and after the stent.  Here is what I have for the first week. As you know, time awake gives higher readings than time asleep but the levels showing up below 93 are areas I'm hoping the stent can eliminate.

Post Reply Post Reply
DLEWIS, your thread prompted me to add to SleepyCPAP's Stent review. I'll add that after early positive results I ordered a backup stent last year. It took 3 months to receive it. I chalked it up to supply chain issues.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 10 277 04-22-2024, 01:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 22 535 04-22-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: SeePak
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 31 1,462 04-20-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,546 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 17 1,552 04-13-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,594 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 198 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.