Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

No Progress: Merge Wperrott92 Therapy Thread
No Progress: Merge Wperrott92 Therapy Thread
Received a Luna 2 Apap from tricare but recently switched to a airsense 10 as I had a feeling the AHI reports from the Luna were worthless. Never got a titration study and I changed the 8-14 pressure recommendation to 8 since I rip the mask off in Apap mode. 

Based on the summary feedback from the Resmed machine and the Oscar data it would seem my pressure/EPR settings are too high as i now have zero obstructive events and a bunch of centrals. 

Would appreciate any other things I could try based off this data, I barely feel any better two months into therapy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Understanding Results (OSCAR)
In my second month after finding a mask that works. I still feel horrible and would appreciate any input on something I am missing that would make therapy more effective. 
I seem to do better keeping the mask on in CPAP mode and have always stayed at pressure settings between 6-10.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Understanding Results (OSCAR)
Update-I felt zero improvement and got a home sleep test from lofta and even though my airsense told me I was at 1-2AHI, the sleep test had me at 10AHI…

I decided to change from a fixed pressure of 7 to APAP 6-20 but have also noticed that my machine stays at lower pressure with EPR?

I will post new screenshots from Oscar later today but I’m at a complete loss.
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR actually treats pressure raising events of Hypopnoea and flow limitations which is the best way to maintain a lower pressure.
With an AHI of 1-2 you are in the area where adjustments should be based mostly on comfort, how you feel.

Not seeing improvement really telles us little. Some improvements take months to realize and then it's hard because it's so gradual.

So please, in addition to the charts, tell us how you feel and why you say that.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I think made the mistake of staying with a fixed pressure and not opening up the range for long enough to make sure therapy was working. Iv'e always gotten low AHI numbers at 6-7cm pressure but never felt any improvement and when I ordered another lofta sleep test from tricare it said my AHI was actually 10.

I switched to APAP 7-14 last week and noticed the pressure would go higher than 7. I tried with and without EPR and would say EPR feels better but it almost seems like I'm breathing too efficiently. Regardless I feel better with the APAP 7-14 settings and attached the readouts with and without EPR because it seems like im missing something.

Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with you that you are breathing to efficiently. It causes your CO2 levels to go to low, which in turn causes you to stop breathing.
You can say that from the kind of apneu you are having, CA, Clear Airway.
Try reducing the EPR to 2 or 1 and check if the CA reduce, while keeping the hypneus away.
Post Reply Post Reply
That makes sense, I’ll change EPR to 2 and stay with that for awhile without changing anything. I’m thinking some amount of EPR is doing something positive for me if going without it is causing the pressure to increase.
Post Reply Post Reply
No progress
Diagnosed with moderate OSA from a home sleep test 8 months ago. APAP mode doesn't seem to work as no matter what I set the min/max it adjusts 1-3cm in pressure and I feel like crap despite low AHI numbers. Over time I've bumped my minimum up to 12cm, but my breathing still looks weird like the images attached. I'm assuming I need to bump the pressure even higher.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No Progress: Merge Wperrott92 Therapy Thread
Wperrott92, I have merged your threads in order to preserve the history of your issues and make it easier for us to respond, using the full background of your therapy so far. It is important to keep posts pertaining to your therapy and progress together, or the history gets lost and our advise becomes less effective.

Please provide a full night of detail results so we can make sense of the flow-rate close-ups that you just posted.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No Progress: Merge Wperrott92 Therapy Thread
This was my daily overview from last night. I wake up sometimes at night and feel adrenaline/feel like normal almost.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 154 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,337 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 956 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,200 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.