Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My numbers and Aerophagia (iBreeze)
RE: My numbers and Aerophagia (iBreeze)
I see your AHI is up a little, but not bad.  The most important thing is eliminating the Aerophagia as much as possible.  

Keep note what your 95% pressure readings are.

Some folk end of using a lower pressure in Cpap mode to tame Aerophagia, and raise it slowly to gauge tolerance to Aerophagia.  So with knowing the 95% readings, we can gauge where your comfort level is should you need to use Cpap mode.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!   Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2022, 09:36 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I see your AHI is up a little, but not bad.  The most important thing is eliminating the Aerophagia as much as possible.  

Keep note what your 95% pressure readings are.

Some folk end of using a lower pressure in Cpap mode to tame Aerophagia, and raise it slowly to gauge tolerance to Aerophagia.  So with knowing the 95% readings, we can gauge where your comfort level is should you need to use Cpap mode.

For AHI, lower the better.  Is the preferred AHI usually <5?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes! But what matters most is the makeup of the AHI. (Obstructives, Hypopnea, Clear Airways)
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 110 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  [CPAP] New User w/ ResVent iBreeze 20A rstark13 5 129 03-26-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 590 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,642 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 347 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 11 522 02-19-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] UARS with Aerophagia and a High Leak Rate, what next? Adam0410 9 406 02-14-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.