Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep onset issues
Sleep onset issues
Hi all,

I have been using a CPAP for about 6 months now.  My only real issue that affects me is sleep onset apneas (Transitional sleep apnea).  I know many people say they are nothing to worry about, and about 2/3 of the times I get to sleep and not an issue.

1/3 of the nights, I constantly wake up immediately after drifting to sleep from lack of O2.  I wear a recording oximeter as well.  

I could really use some advice - haven't had much luck with Drs on this issue.  During my sleep lab this didn't happen.  I try to roll over and just go to sleep again but it takes a lot out of me to jolt awake like this multiple times.  Should I raise the min pressure?

Thank you so much for anyone willing to help.  On nights like these - I really struggle the next day with daily activities - and I have two kids under 4 - luckily I have an amazing wife.

Here's a graph of my initial trial at sleep last night.  My average AHI has been 1.5 or so but not good the last week.  You'll see the Flow Rate issues - where I basically stop breathing for a few mins:

First 15mins

Whole night

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep onset issues
Well - I tried to turn the Flex off tonight.  And MY AHI went from an average of 2 to 22.  Probably gonna lower that thing back down.  

Any insight on to what it means if the flex affects me this much?  Was not expecting this.

Basically on my own - experimenting until I can see a doctor in 2 months.

1130-230am tonight

20 min zoom

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 167 Yesterday, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 14 516 04-12-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  [Treatment] AHI under control but flow limitation issues guzzle 2 224 04-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 17 576 03-31-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 130 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 132 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 140 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.