Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Understanding my leaks
Understanding my leaks
The recent thread on mouth vs. mask leaks was really interesting. I'd like some feedback on my Oscar data. My leaks have been creeping up. I use tape to keep my mouth shut, and it seems to be firmly in place in the morning. My wife still thinks it sounds like mouth noise. I'm posting two images, one for all of last night, and another zoomed in during a period of "large leak." It went on for 20 minutes. Does this look like a mouth or a mask leak?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Understanding my leaks
It would help immensely if you posted the entire chart...MINUS the pie chart graphic at the left margin where all the other data appears.

On the face of it, yes, you have a lot of leaking.  I'll take it on face value that your tape is properly affixed, including when you awaken, so that part is taken care of.  The only other possibilities, in decreasing probability, is your mask being forced askew, breaking the seal, when you sleep on your side or roll onto your stomach, or your hose is not inserted properly at one of the mating junctions/connections,  or there's a hole in your hose/mask.

I'm assuming you have a filter in place properly, in good condition, no compartment doors left open, no damage to the housing of the main unit, and so on.  Your hose gets cleaned regularly, even if infrequently, and the mask/hose vent is clear of flashing (plastic bits left over from tooling methods or extraction from molds) or other obstructions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Understanding my leaks
We had that issue (mouth leaks despite taping) some time ago, see http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-with-Tape, please. And your leaks appear to be mouth leaks to my crystal ball.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 153 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 443 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  Understanding OSCAR data BaldZoomer 3 210 04-01-2024, 02:22 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 354 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,937 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 141 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 560 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.